Why become a member? ×

NBD: Lakland Darryl Jones 4

Sibob

So, I had a Squire JV Jazz, which was really cool, sounded great, but a little heavy unfortunately. Sold that as I had the opportunity to pick this up new and jumped at it after being so impressed with my 55-01. Never heard a bad word said about the DJs and know a few people who gig them regularly and love them.
This one is 'Metallic Charcoal Silver', with an acrylic scratchplate:

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/mrscn4.jpg[/IMG]

New family photo coming soon :)

Si

Tried a used USA Lakland Darryl Jones in a shop in Dublin some years ago.The USA builds are rare and It was the best bass I had ever layed my hands on in 35 years of playing. Light, balanced perfectly, tone to die for and the neck felt like it was made for me.
I managed to get the money together within a couple of weeks, but by then it had been shipped to Australia. My only regret in my time playing bass was letting that baby slip through my fingers

Very nice bass, great colour. Weird choice of pickguard material by Lakland IMO. Clear acrylic on a bass with a highly figured top, OK I get that. If it were mine I would put a tort pickguard on it. I have a DJ4 in LPB. I installed the excellent DJ-Retro preamp and use DR FatBeams strings. Sounds and plays like a dream. DJ's are great!

It's a little more Silver in real life, but yeah, really nice.
I don't mind the acrylic at all, but treating it as a 'fender custom colour, would certainly get a mint green (vintage white) for it. Wouldn't put a tort on it though lol

Si