Why become a member? ×

NBD - well earlier this week. (G&L content)

LukeFRC

First practice and blown away - sounded great and just fun and easy to play - to be honest I wasn't even thinking about the instrument - which for the first time playing it with others is a massive compliment. At no point did I want my main streamer bass - which with the old Bb1200 I always would get too.

And the bottom end on the OMG mode is crazy

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one. I was very close to buying this. The wunkay is the only bass I have GAS for. It's the only one I've never owned that I have wanted for many years.

How versatile and could a wunkay be the wunandonly?

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1489743797' post='3259337']
How versatile and could a wunkay be the wunandonly?
[/quote]
Depends on what type of music you play. I haven't found a good slap tone yet. Not that I ever slap but you know what I mean!

EDIT: looking through your sig... for you I think yes, yes it could

Edited by LukeFRC

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1489857032' post='3260400']
Nice and bet it feels a lot lighter on the shoulder than the Warwicks too. :lol:

Enjoy the new bass.

Dave
[/quote] I think it's the heaviest of the 3. Thumb is about 9lb, L1000 about the same, and the Streamer is 8lb or so ... balances a wee bit better than the thumb!

Update from me: It's the only thing I'm playing.
Bare in mind I bought it as a "P bass type" for when I needed a slightly more traditional looking and sounding bass.... and the other basses arn't getting a look in. There's something about how it plays and sounds, hum-bucking mode with the treble and bass backed off a wee bit that is just fun to play. I'm enjoying seeing the control s and not touching them for a whole set. It's just good - as one of the band said "you seem to click with it and just play better"

So that's been interesting. What does that mean for me? Well I guess I'm thinking about a simpler preamp in the streamer than the ACG as that would probably help. Half thinking about another old G&L, would need to move the thumb or something on to make that happen but it's always a possibility! Anyone got an El Toro kicking about?!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1491462078' post='3273137']

Update from me: It's the only thing I'm playing.
Anyone got an El Toro kicking about?!
[/quote]

I kinda thought that could happen. The wunkay becoming the wunandonly.

El Toro!? They come up for sale every now and then in the same way Halley's Comet comes round occasionally. I'd love one.