Why become a member? ×

MJT Loaded Aged Olympic White Jazz Bass Body **SOLD**
£375

I bought this loaded body recently (unfortunately) just before discovering the joy that is 32" scale basses, I built it up using a Limelight neck and it was fantastic but isn't going to be used now so I may as well move it on.

MJT in the US do fantastic relic work, I hope the pics do it justice, these bodies arn't cheap especilally if you factor in shipping, VAT and import duties.

It has 'Fender Pure Vintage 74' pick-ups and S1 wiring, all of which make for a great sounding bass.

Since I purchased the body I replaced the Bridge for a Madison aged Fender one, the strap pins, thumb rest and neck plate are also Madison aged ones, I also swapped the scratchplate for a semi-cellucoid one.

I must point out that the previous owner had snapped off a screw in the middle position of the bridge, I thought about getting it repaired but TBH it doesn't effect anything, the bridge is more than happy with just the 4 screws and it's not as noticeable as I imagined it might be.

All in all it's a great combination of top quality parts that would make a great sounding and gorgeous looking bass, just add a neck and tuners of your choice.

£375.00 delivered to mainland UK.

[url="https://1drv.ms/f/s!An4ogWELaxK6gptWdbuI8MkxB9cC0Q"]PICS HERE[/url]

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1488066431' post='3245634']
I do not need another Jazz. I do not need another jazz...
[/quote]

I'm sure you have the room :)

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1488119966' post='3245984']
It is proper lush though!
[/quote]
Thanks Owen

[quote name='KerryLambert' timestamp='1488472307' post='3249270']
Does this take a standard fender neck?
[/quote]

It certainly does :)

[quote name='KerryLambert' timestamp='1488472590' post='3249276']
Do you know the weight?
[/quote]

With a neck and tuners it was 9.5LBS, I'm happy to weigh just the loaded body if you prefer?

[quote name='KerryLambert' timestamp='1488480751' post='3249365']
Thanks man, would you mind weighing the body? I'm looking for a body for an aluminium neck I'm having made and it's going to be heavy! Need a heavy body so it doesn't neck dive. :) cheers
[/quote]

5.4LBS that's loaded and including the neck plate and screws.

[quote name='KerryLambert' timestamp='1488480828' post='3249367']
Also, it says Olympic white, which is usually a creamy off white but this looks yellow in the photos? Is it closer to yellow?
[/quote]

It's mostly looked a lovely warm yellow colour, I've owned an Olympic White 70's Fender in the past and this looks very similar, the White fades to a yellow colour over time due to UV's. It stays white in the area where your arm rubs.