Why become a member? ×

TC Trouble

funky8884

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody can help with the following situation,

TC Electronic Hyper gravity pedal has the following issues

- very big latency when turning the level and sustain knobs
- tried updating firmware on mac OSX but pedal not recognised in drop down menu

thanks for any ideas

I have the same pedal; the latency is normal, and I seem to remember they mentioned it somewhere in the blurb. You have to remember this is a digital box, not analogue controlled.
Brilliant all the same, and it's become my favourite compressor without even getting to grips with the fascinating tweakability behind the curtain!
Can't comment on Mac compatibility, but mine was no problem to hook up to Windows 7.

Not too sure about your knob latency issue but regarding your mac not detecting the pedal, have you got the pedal powered externally with either a power supply or 9v battery? I'm pretty sure the pedal won't receive power via the USB and therefore the mac won't "see" anything to connect to. This is certainly the case when I connect any of my TC pedals to the TonePrint editor app on my iPad!

Is the latency only when using toneprints or the Spectra and Vintage settings too? I can't say I've experienced that, though I'm using mine for guitar (I've the spectracomp for bass).

As far as connectivity goes, you definitely have to have the pedal powered and on for it to be recognised by a machine running Windows...

Edited by Muppet