Why become a member? ×

2 x Super compacts mk3 v 4 x 10 Barefaced

Kevin Dean

Well, not quite, but I used to have 2 gen3 super compacts and now I have a two10.

Very different IMHO. The 12's are very neutral, what goes in, comes out. That's what they are supposed to do.

The two10 is more 'voiced' like other Bass cabs. Again, that's what it's supposed to do.

There's also a bit more natural top end in the two10 vs tweeterless super compact.

I prefer the two10 out of them. To my ear, with the same amp it took less EQ to get the tone where I wanted.

The difficulty I encountered when using the super compacts was that they sounded SO different to what I'd used in the past, and the two10 is more traditional sounding.

I went to Barefaced for 2 things mainly, the Low weight and High power handling. What I wasn't really prepared for was the drastic change in tone from the super compacts.

With the two10, I've got what I wanted regarding the weight and volume capability, combined with a tone which is much more like what I was used to. Winner for me, YMMV!

My preferred set up would be Ashdown ABM 4 x 10 & 1 x 15 but I can't deal with the weight these days , & I just seen a BF 4 x10 on here after a exchange & was wondering if that would get me closer , Until Ashdown come up with something that is .