Why become a member? ×

March Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

[color=#800000][size=5][b]March’s Composition Challenge is now underway![/b][/size][/color]

[size=5]Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winners [b]Leonard Smalls[/b] and [b]Fingers211[/b]… [/size]

Click on the 'Spoiler' button below to read the usual rules and caveats:

[spoiler]By entering the competition you agree to the Basschat Terms and Conditions and Forum Guidelines, which are designed to help ensure the forum remains free of offensive and/or illegal behaviour and material. In a nutshell:

[b]1) Please avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.[/b] If your track contains explicit lyrics, for example, then please warn other forum users so they can choose for themselves whether to listen to it.

[b]2) Please make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds included in your track[/b] (ie. sounds that you have not recorded yourself, such as samples of other people's music). The owners of Basschat accept no responsibility for infringements of copyright or other forms of legal ownership, which are solely the responsibility of competition entrants.

[b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating![/spoiler]

If you have any questions, just ask.

[size=5][b][color=#800000]The deadline for entries is midnight on Friday March 24th.[/color][/b][/size]

Dive in! :)

No, not an entry already (give me time..! :D ), just a previous compo for a picture of similar ilk; a sort of 'blast from the past' which didn't get used...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/dad3353/grace-falling-from-grace"]Grace Falling From Grace ...[/url]

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1488400083' post='3248697']
That looks like an EDM dancefloor-killer bit of inspiration in that pic. Whatcha reckon Dad? :P :D
[/quote]

I take it you've not listened to the track I posted above, then..? :lol:

I put some words together to match the picture. This works when the picture doesnt give me any musical inspiration.

"A thousand hands raised in joyful dance
You can shake the weight of the world
Just dance"
That'll do for now.
I aim to do my usual preachy modal jazz but a little more funky... or swingin...

Edited by Bastav

My life-time ambition has finally been achieved..! Soundcloud inform me that I'm being 'followed' by none other than Zombie Gwala..! Who'd 'ave thought it, eh..? Proud..? You betcha..! Another Earl Grey, methinks, in guise of celebration. Zombie Gwala..! Well I never..! :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1488969511' post='3253295']
I can listen to sound cloud but no idea how to upload.
[/quote]

(Assuming you're on a PC...)
Just to the right of the 'Search' icon (Magnifying glass...) there's 'Upload'. When solicited, you're prompted for a file to upload ('WAV' recommended, but most formats such as MP3 will work, too...). Once the upload started, and whilst waiting, you'll be able to attach an image, fill in the title, genre and description fields; once the upload iscompleted and processed, 'Save' will finalise the procedure and supply a link to the Soundcloud page of the music. That link can be pasted directly into a Basschat post, so that all may hear your works.
Hope this helps.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1488970875' post='3253322']

(Assuming you're on a PC...)
Just to the right of the 'Search' icon (Magnifying glass...) there's 'Upload'. When solicited, you're prompted for a file to upload ('WAV' recommended, but most formats such as MP3 will work, too...). Once the upload started, and whilst waiting, you'll be able to attach an image, fill in the title, genre and description fields; once the upload iscompleted and processed, 'Save' will finalise the procedure and supply a link to the Soundcloud page of the music. That link can be pasted directly into a Basschat post, so that all may hear your works.
Hope this helps.
[/quote]
Thanks so much. I was fiddling with an android app no wonder I couldn't find it.

I've got mine. Possibly the shortest song I've ever composed, but I think it says exactly what it needs to.

Starts off with the bounce of the crowd, then they egg on the stage diver. After a minute, he leaps & floats through the air with this euphoric feeling, trusting that the crowd will catch him.
They do & he's then bounced up & down to the beat, before landing on his feet to enjoy bouncing to the rest of the groove.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/gxmix/crowdsurfing"]https://soundcloud.com/gxmix/crowdsurfing[/url]

Enjoy. :D

Edit: Updated the bass sound.

Edited by xgsjx

Managed to squeeze a short one out... Bit rough but not much time this month! And unusually, I've used the Sandberg.
[url="https://soundcloud.com/dredd-and-the-badass-weed/ive-seen-the-light"]https://soundcloud.c...-seen-the-light[/url]

And beware, it comes in fast and loud!

Edited by Leonard Smalls