Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sandberg Forty Eight 5

gingerfish

[attachment=239413:2017-03-01 20.27.28.jpg]
[attachment=239414:2017-03-01 20.27.37.jpg]

Taken a few days in shipping from Germany from chap who bought it new last year. Really digging it so far and looking forward to hearing it with the big rig at band practice. Might need the action checking again once it has acclimatised.

Will get some better photos at the weekend if there is interest.

I have been lusting after a t-bird for some time now, but can never get on with four stingers. Glad to finally find a decent 5 string version.

sound is pretty meaty if you pan forward a little and boost the bass. Only tried it through the practice CTM15 so far. Won't be with the big rig until next week. It does seem to have a little bit of buzz on the d string though, anyone got any advice on setting up a Sandberg?

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1488483621' post='3249406']
I have absolutely no need for bass that is good for metal... but if I did I would want it to look exactly like that.
[/quote]

If you watch the online demo from (I think) Chicago music exchange you'll see and hear that it's not just for metal! Really versatile bass that I'm lusting after too :)
Have to say that finish is superb, you'll enjoy looking at it as much as playing it

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1488529083' post='3249634']

If you watch the online demo from (I think) Chicago music exchange you'll see and hear that it's not just for metal! Really versatile bass that I'm lusting after too :)
Have to say that finish is superb, you'll enjoy looking at it as much as playing it
[/quote]

Oh I've no doubt It'll be versatile, I was referring to the look more than anything. It's a beautiful thing, but I'd look like a tit sat in a folk venue with it playing roots & fifths. :)

Edited by NickD

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1488536631' post='3249720']

Oh I've no doubt It'll be versatile, I was referring to the look more than anything. It's a beautiful thing, but I'd look like a tit sat in a folk venue with it playing roots & fifths. :)
[/quote]

Haha I guess so!