Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1978 Fender Precision
£1600

SpikeBass

With deep regret I am putting up my gorgeous 1978 Fender P bass for sale. This was a very tough decision to make simply because the bass sounds, feels, & plays AMAZING! It was good when I got it but I have had a wonderful luthier set up the neck, bridge and pups, also the electrics have been redone.

Everything is original, I have the original black plate that is included and has a matching serial, I put the tort plate on because I love it.

Since owning this bass I have used it for Studio work and for gigging. It comes with a newer Fender hard case and also a Gator semi-hard case (bass and hard case is rather heavy, actually it's HEAVY!!!!) the bass is ash body maple neck and is a heavy guitar but also it is very well balanced and with a thick strap it is very giggable even for an old man like me.

I play Reggae so the bass was set up with flats, however, I have had it set up again with rotosound rounds (flats are included in the sale).

I'm not looking for any trades at this time, I need the funds sadly because sometimes life gets in the way of fun and pleasure. It has been an absolute pleasure to own and play this guitar, the condition has people amazed and I regularly have fellow musicians asking about it and drooling over it.

Thanks for looking, price is pretty firm based on work I have had done for my own personal playability and also the fact that these in this condition are seriously on the rise. This is an investment.

Further photos on request, also I am happy for you to visit me and you can try it out for yourself

Edited by gary mac

[quote name='SpikeBass' timestamp='1488407184' post='3248787'] I have had a wonderful luthier set up the neck, bridge and pups, also the electrics have been redone.

Everything is original,
[/quote]

Sorry to be a pedant, but what exactly has been "done" to the electrics if everything is original? :huh:

Gorgeous bass though! :gas:

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1488461416' post='3249145']
Sorry to be a pedant, but what exactly has been "done" to the electrics if everything is original? :huh:

Gorgeous bass though! :gas:
[/quote]

Pots were cleaned and all re soldered, was part of the service he provides

[quote name='Chewie' timestamp='1488520872' post='3249604']
She looks like a ripper.
What is the weight?
[/quote]

Thank you, I have no way to weigh it at the moment but I can assure you it's heavy, Im away this weekend but will try to borrow some bathroom scales and get a rough estimate for you.

I have gigged with it and its fine with a wide strap, my main problem was when i tried to carry it in the hard case from train station to gig .... OUCH!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='SquierJaguar' timestamp='1496848586' post='3314287']
Wish I had the money for something like this. Just love how late 60's and 70's P-basses look and sound.
[/quote]

This has been sold. Wish the seller would edit the topic...

[quote name='SpikeBass' timestamp='1496916902' post='3314646']
I have no idea how to do that or I would of done it a long time ago.. I wrote SOLD in the thread
[/quote]

Just click ''edit'' and then go to ''use the full editor'' or something like that. That allows you to edit the topic.