Why become a member? ×

Favourite song in your set

Harryburke14

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1488639440' post='3250689']
The whole band really likes playing the Atari's cover of The Boys Of Summer, as a group that's probably our favourite.
[/quote]

Used to like doing that in the last (short lived incarnation of) band.

Favourite tends to be something that gets people dancing rather than something I like, so Timber (party like verison), or Brown Eyed Girl (Reel big fish version). Actually gay bar goes down well.

[quote name='Burrito' timestamp='1488906965' post='3252841']
Playing in a Creedence Clearwater Revival tribute, I like Hey Tonight.
[/quote]
We have started playing a heavy version of Dark Moon Rising which I love (but the bass.ine is a bit boring).

But my favourite is Teenage kicks which is odd in a way as despite being a massive fan of punk stuff I was never that big a fan of the Undertones. It's just great to play full blast and we mix it up a bit as well.

In my Americana band it's Paradise by John Prine.
In my vintage rock n roll band it's Down The Road Apiece by Amos Milburn.
In my jazz/blues/funk band it's maybe Pennies From Heaven (standard)
In my country rock band it's Miles and Miles of Texas by Asleep At The Wheel.

I enjoy doing Slades Merry Christmas, we only do it about 3 times a year which is probably why I don't get fed up with it, lovely walking bass line, I also enjoy the intro to Swords of a thousand Men, because it's a bass intro and I don't play a shuffle beat any other time

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1488913767' post='3252916']
But my favourite is Teenage kicks which is odd in a way as despite being a massive fan of punk stuff I was never that big a fan of the Undertones. It's just great to play full blast and we mix it up a bit as well.
[/quote]

One mans meat and all that - played that in our last band and I hated it so much!

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1488920566' post='3252982']
I enjoy doing Slades Merry Christmas, we only do it about 3 times a year which is probably why I don't get fed up with it, lovely walking bass line, I also enjoy the intro to Swords of a thousand Men, because it's a bass intro and I don't play a shuffle beat any other time
[/quote]

Do like that but it'd stick out like a sore thumb in our set

We are just starting to learn a covers set, at the moment I’m enjoying, Bad Reputation by Thin Lizzy and Hell Bent for Leather by Judas Priest the most in rehearsal, but I assume my favourite may change when we get to playing live.

As for when we play originals, favourites to play live are, 24 Hour Breakdown & Gripped by the Throat, we would never play either in rehearsal anymore though.