Why become a member? ×

Looking for a Japanese bass?

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1488635110' post='3250640']
Yep he's a top bloke - just handled the build of my Atelier Z for me which is on its way from Japan as I type!

Here he is demoing it!

https://youtu.be/WIaCF6aeV6w
[/quote]

Yes, I saw that one. Lovely looking and sounding bass, you lucky fella! A four string version of that, maybe in a nice walnut brown, would be what I'd like. No doubt you'll be sharing your opinions and some pics when it arrives?

Absolutely - stay tuned!

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' timestamp='1488636128' post='3250653']

Yes, I saw that one. Lovely looking and sounding bass, you lucky fella! A four string version of that, maybe in a nice walnut brown, would be what I'd like. No doubt you'll be sharing your opinions and some pics when it arrives?
[/quote]

Was in touch with Danny about a certain Tune bass, he couldn't help as they're rarer than hen's teeth even in Japan but gave me a ballpark figure if one appeared.

Last August my 32 year search was over and Danny's ballpark figure was bang on. Fella knows his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

So my AZ arrived last week - not had a huge amount of time to play it but first impressions are very good.

Fantastic build quality and the tone is exaclt what I was after - the AZ EQ-M preamp is very powerful and it delivers the typical Marcus Miller slap tone in buckets which is exactly what I was after.

Pics attached.

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' timestamp='1488636128' post='3250653']
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1489658064' post='3258661']
So my AZ arrived last week - not had a huge amount of time to play it but first impressions are very good.

Fantastic build quality and the tone is exaclt what I was after - the AZ EQ-M preamp is very powerful and it delivers the typical Marcus Miller slap tone in buckets which is exactly what I was after.

Pics attached.
[/quote]Really cool Mark. Atelier's own pickups. Are they single coilers.? I think you got the sound you were after. sounds amazing.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1489658064' post='3258661']

Pics attached.
[/quote]

I've been waiting for this! That looks amazing, looks like it's been beautifully set up, too!

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1488641156' post='3250705']
We are having a conversation...
[/quote]

Bingo - Danny bought a Yamaha BB5000 for me today, looks like a corker. I am impatient already! Thanks for flagging this up folks!

Front isn't so bad, either. Watched that vid a few times now!! Tight string spacing is one of the reasons I sought one of these out, so I am pleased he mentioned it.

Shame it won't get played with anything like the same finesse once I've got it :)

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1490944350' post='3269169']
Front isn't so bad, either. Watched that vid a few times now!! Tight string spacing is one of the reasons I sought one of these out, so I am pleased he mentioned it. Shame it won't get played with anything like the same finesse once I've got it :)
[/quote]

Did they make a wide neck version? I had a BB5000A back in the day, it was a lovely sounding thing but that tight string spacing was a deal breaker for me.