Why become a member? ×

Boss Loop Station

Vasquez Rich

[quote name='Vasquez Rich' post='32208' date='Jul 15 2007, 09:20 PM']Am exploring some new stuff and know these nifty little boxes from seeing a solo acoustic guy basically backing himself on songs with multi loops from a Boss Loop Station. Just wondered if anyone has used one, if there are any problems.

Richard[/quote]

I'm toying with the idea of getting one to play about with too, have a looky here:

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

I use one, it's a very handy tool and a solid little unit. It might be worth searching loopers on the forum because there have been a thread or two that are quite lengthy that detail peoples opinions and pros/cons of other loop pedals too.

Guys,

Thanks for all this, guess I'm convinced. Was thinking of using it in a full band context though. Mostly so I can do some spoken word over the top of lots of noisy stuff (cos I can't sing and play at the same time.. well, I can't sing at all really!) sometimes I can't even speak and play at the same time!! Guess I spend too much brain power just keeping both hands going :)

So, in that context it's not going to be any complex loops just a basic bass part or two that I can leave running and then pick up on later in the song.

Richard

Hi Richard, I have an original RC20 and an RC20XL which I picked up recently on eBay quite cheaply. Both are great, the XL is a better unit and has plenty of extra features not on the original, but you'd probably be able to pick up an original one quite cheaply.

I've also tried the single pedal RC2, but found it a bit too convoluted trying to do everything with one switch - far too much double tapping, holding down for x amount of time, etc.

I've used mine in a band context a few times and the only issue you may come across is making sure everyone can hear it and stay in time with it. Even a tiny time drift will become extremely noticeable against a loop :-)

Cheers,
Alun

[quote name='Alun' post='32625' date='Jul 16 2007, 06:16 PM']Hi Richard, I have an original RC20 and an RC20XL which I picked up recently on eBay quite cheaply. Both are great, the XL is a better unit and has plenty of extra features not on the original, but you'd probably be able to pick up an original one quite cheaply.

I've also tried the single pedal RC2, but found it a bit too convoluted trying to do everything with one switch - far too much double tapping, holding down for x amount of time, etc.

I've used mine in a band context a few times and the only issue you may come across is making sure everyone can hear it and stay in time with it. Even a tiny time drift will become extremely noticeable against a loop :-)

Cheers,
Alun[/quote]

Yeah, thanks, have played with drum clicks etc before and it can be a nightmare. Will have to think carefully about this... might have to learn how to speak and play at the same time... hmmmm.. I was eying up one of the two pedal ones.

• 1 month later...

Got an RC-20 about a week ago. It takes some getting used to.. i.e. tracking playing to a flashing light, although it's easier with the drum click track running. Right now.. brilliant, and I'm sure I'll get better and really begin to use it properly. The best tool I ever used for working things out, especially lyrics (a new job for me in a band context) and lyrical melody... a very nice piece of equipment, would def recommend to anyone.

Richard.