Why become a member? ×

Revelation Bass with a bad neck resolved

alaskaleftybass

Hello all, from the other side of the Pond....

[size=4][b]UPDATE: The Revelation Guitar Company has started the new year's production run of their guitars and basses. Alan Entwistle contacted me directly to let me know that he's sending a new neck for the bass as soon as the production run is completed. He said look for it in about a month. I'm very excited to get the new replacement on the bass. It does have an incredible tone and sustain for the cost. [/b][/size]

[size=4][b]As one of the posters below wisely mentioned, I didn't give them enough time to gear up for a new production run; to be patient and I'll get my replacement once they're caught up.[/b][/size]

[size=4][b]When the replacement arrives I'll be happy to post pics and maybe a video of the bass in action. Through all the waiting and the neck issue, I'm still confident this will be a first class bass when complete! Thank you everyone for offering your good advice.[/b][/size]

[size=4][b]Cheers! [/b][/size]

Edited by alaskaleftybass

+1 to seeing if you can get a Fender/similar neck for it. If you're willing to go from Europe then I think Thomman do some very decent and affordable necks from their Harley Benton range. They offer top-notch customer service too so I'm sure they would be willing to check the dimensions etc. for you if you were to give them a call/email.

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1488876419' post='3252481']
+1 to seeing if you can get a Fender/similar neck for it. If you're willing to go from Europe then I think Thomman do some very decent and affordable necks from their Harley Benton range. They offer top-notch customer service too so I'm sure they would be willing to check the dimensions etc. for you if you were to give them a call/email.
[/quote]

From another post from the USA, I don't think Thomann will supply across the pond/or charge £100 postage?

[quote name='alaskaleftybass' timestamp='1489463327' post='3257135']
Thank you! :)

Ummm, how do I do full editor on the title???
[/quote]
Use the 'Edit' button on the first post in the thread, then select Full Editor and the title comes up in a box above the message.

Hello all, thanks for the concern. It's appreciated. Alan Entwistle, owner of Revelation Guitars, and I have been in contact for the last three months. There was a month and a half lost due to the Chinese New Year. Now, April, the factory is tooling up to start production. Alan is going to do a run of the bass model I own, then order an extra neck in the production run.

Once the production run is complete, there will be an extra neck. At that time, Mr. Entwistle will have the neck sent out to me, I hope drop shipped directly from China. This has been a long process but I like the tone of the bass very much. If you ever get a chance, go to Worcester Music Centre and try one of the basses. I'm a 40 year bass player and know quality. I've owned them all. These Revelation basses are incredible for the price point.

So, at this point, I'm still waiting for the production run to complete then my neck will be sent out. Even then, shipping from China takes up to 21 days!

I promise guys, I will post pictures as soon as the bass neck arrives and I replace the defective one.

Edited by alaskaleftybass