Why become a member? ×

Boom Bass Cab

hemdee666

The specs look good but with a box that small?!! I believe that they may consume 1k+ watts but i don't think that'll be translated to SPL. Give me drivers pointing directly to my ears any day, i work too hard to get rid of the sub-bass boom on stage. :)

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1489059248' post='3254001']
The specs look good but with a box that small?!! I believe that they may consume 1k+ watts but i don't think that'll be translated to SPL. Give me drivers pointing directly to my ears any day, i work too hard to get rid of the sub-bass boom on stage. :)
[/quote]

you can always stack them :D

Everything about them says 'isobaric', so while the response to size ratio will be good, the output won't be. Watts don't matter, decibels do. The manufacturer won't reveal any details about them, while their lead spokesman seems to be seriously lacking in the knowledge department. I doubt he can spell 'isobaric', let alone know what it means. :unsure:

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1489063004' post='3254046']
Everything about them says 'isobaric', so while the response to size ratio will be good, the output won't be. Watts don't matter, decibels do. The manufacturer won't reveal any details about them, while their lead spokesman seems to be seriously lacking in the knowledge department. I doubt he can spell 'isobaric', let alone know what it means. :unsure:
[/quote]

Is the design Isobaric then? I thought it had the other driver pointing at the bottom for sub-lows reinforcement (forgot the name of that, is it "radiator"?!). Either way nothing beats having both drivers pumping SPL at one's ears ;)

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1489063004' post='3254046']
[/quote]

Isobaric with mixed sized drivers? How well is that likely to work?

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1489063603' post='3254053']
I thought it had the other driver pointing at the bottom for sub-lows reinforcement
[/quote]That's apparently how it's configured, and that's isobaric. It's a bit different than the usual arrangement, as it makes the plenum chamber connecting the drivers large, with the vented chamber small, but it's isobaric nonetheless.

[quote]
Isobaric with mixed sized drivers? How well is that likely to work

[/quote]It won't work as well as with matched drivers, as one will run out of excursion before the other does. This is another aspect which leads me to believe the designer is lacking in the chops department.

• 1 year later...