Why become a member? ×

Amp Rig query - GK1001RBii with seperate power amp

dmccombe7

Recently been using a TE GP7 150W head with either a TE 2X10 or Orange OBC115 but had some issues with tone fade.
Was suggested it might be the Effects Return jack socket.
To prove that theory i set up my GK MB200 head into the OBC115 with the line out to the TE amp effects return and using power amp to feed the 2x10.
It proved that the power amp was sound all night and therefore jack socket was faulty when not in use or pre-amp was faulty.

What did come out of it was one of the best sounding rigs i've used in years. It had the low depth from the 115 and the clarity of the 2x10 both having individual control of volume to provide a balance between cabs.

My query is that i now want to use my GK1001RBii to feed one cab and add a decent power amp with seperate volume to control the other cab. Can i use the direct balanced output to feed the 2nd power amp ?

I currently use the tuner out socket to my Korg tuner.

Any suggestions welcome

Dave

Better to use the effect's send I would have thought. It's not balanced like you'd want but it'll be a lot hotter output than the low-level DI. That would need some sort of preamp.

Edited by Jack

Thought about that but i think the effects send would then cut the signal to the power section.

If i can't get it to work then i might well look at a pre-amp with stereo power amp feeding a 2x10 cab and 115 cab.

Dave