Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 1x10 vs GK MB150S

funkle

Hi all

I emailed Alex directly about this, but got no response, so I'll put it up to the collective here.

I'm looking for a small combo/one hand carry solution for small jazz gigs. The GK MB150S I've played through and liked the tone and will work great.

For a similar price as a used GKMB150s, though, I can get a Barefcaed Retro 1x10 and a small GK MB200 (or just use my existing Puma 900, with great care). Stick the latter two into a cajon bag and that'll work nicely.

Anyone have any idea how the two boxes compare? Max SPL, tone?

Thanks

Pete

I briefly owned the GK combo but felt that it wasn't going to be anywhere near as powerful for what I needed. More recently I bought the One10 and have been gas free since - except for selling the MB200 in this picture and going for the MB500. The tophat option is great if you want to use it as a monitor at ear level.

Fits in a cajon bag and weighs about 10kgs in total. A far cry from the 46kg Trace 4x12" that I used not that long ago

[url="http://s927.photobucket.com/user/Delberthot/media/14089238_186834378388756_330157803568661876_n_zpsouj6rnhg.jpg.html"][/url]

Awesome. Thanks for that.

Alex has kindly been in touch since seeing the thread - I think he was understandably pretty busy and thought he had responded. Anyway, I'll be delighted to pick up a BF 1x10 after I sell a bass.

I'd love to get a GK head to go with it, but for now I'm just going to use my Puma 900 really carefully with it...assuming I can safely get away with it...