Pino and Ed Sheeran

33 replies to this topic

#31 chris_b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

View Postkrispn, on 14 March 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

I'm still annoyed at him ripping off Brother Marvin on that terrible song a few years ago

Hardly a rip off. Thinking Out Loud bears no resemblance to Let's Get It On in the copyrightable bits, the lyrics and melody. These songs are simply not the same. So if you think you can sue over a chord sequence or rhythm then every song written in the last 60 years is a rip off.

This is a smash and grab. An opportunistic attempt to con some cash out of ES, hoping he doesn't want any "bad" publicity.
Sadowsky~Lull~Lakland~Fender~Aguilar~Thunderfunk~Barefaced~obbm~Wolfcraft

People think I'm getting old! Watch out, I'm just getting started!

#32 krispn

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:10 AM

Err I'm not suing him 😀

#33 crompers

No longer a newbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

Not my bag (and a bit miffed about him taking the Sunday slot at Glasto) but fair enough he writes his own songs etc etc.

I do agree there is a lot of hype about him at the moment as if he was the first man to ever write a song but meh, I don't pay too much attention anyways.

#34 uncle psychosis

Hyper elite member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

The most memorable Thing Ed Sheeran has done is write what is quite possibly the worst lyric that has ever been committed to record.

"They say I' m up and coming like I'm f***ing in an elevator"

Dear Ed, kindly get back in your elevator, close the doors, and go hide in a basement somewhere. Ta.
"The vibes comin' offa Sly and Robbie was terrible...pure terror, the other studios running for cover as Channel One rockers' sound rule the whole scene in Kingston..."

My Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users