Why become a member? ×

Freestyle 51 P bass

vinorange

Anybody sampled a "Freestyle Model 51 P" bass off ebay?

I was looking at 51 model P basses after the revelation that a P bass solves all my bottom end needs (after 35 years of avoiding them as they are too simple - idiot.........but that's another story) when I came across these models on ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.u...%3D282387750394

I just wondered if anyone has sampled the wares of Freestyle instruments and whether this would do as a base model from which I could mod to my hearts content?

Edited by Sibob

Get a second hand squier.

Because they have the same dimensions as full blooded fenders on things like the pickups amd bridge it makes it them that much easier to mod as most of time replacement parts will drop straight in with no need for additional drilling or routing.

The shop these are from is just up the road from me. I've played one and they are pretty heavy with a neck like a tree trunk. Build quality is not on Mexico level. Personally I wouldn't pay over £150-£200 for what it is. I don't know how they get away with selling what is pretty much fender knock offs in the shop. There is a lot of stock in the shop.

[quote name='vinorange' timestamp='1489090908' post='3254370']
Well ta for that.

Maybe I'll have a look out for a squier classic vibe version of the 51.
[/quote]

Paul Houghton has one on Facebook. Used to be mine.
Fabulous bass.