Why become a member? ×

Markbass Ninja 2x12" ... Anyone use it?

mybass

I'm just wondering if anyone uses the MB Ninja cab for their thoughts, especially if they have other MB cabs to rate it alongside.
I'm thinking of going back to a cab like this for some of my gigs as many years ago I had a 2x12" cab with ATC speakers. The cab was made from plans by a cabinet maker and weighed a ton with the ATCs. It never let me down though so thoughts are fo the Ninja 8 ohm 800 watt cab.

Edited by mybass

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1489054660' post='3253964']
I'm just wondering if anyone uses the MB Ninja cab for their thoughts, especially if they have other MB cabs to rate it alongside.
I'm thinking of going back to a cab like this for some of my gigs as many years ago I had a 2x12" cab with ATC speakers. The cab was made from plans by a cabinet maker and weighed a ton with the ATCs. It never let me down though so thoughts are fo the Ninja 8 ohm 800 watt cab.
[/quote]
bumping to see if anyone has one even?

Don't own one, but I did play through one at The Gallery when I was trying out a bass there. Think it was a Rocker 500 amp into that Ninja Cab.

Can't be very technical really (I was trying the bass more than the amp/cab), but I do know it sounded excellent, and I bought the Bass.

I used the New York version - i guess they're pretty similar, though the New York is 4 ohm. I ran it with 2 single New York 12's, daisy chained

I decided i dont like 12's ... just not the sound for me. I ended up with the MB 604 x two. Big lows. and mids.

[quote name='Hamstar8' timestamp='1489439439' post='3257004']
Hi
I have the ninja head and 122, I've had them a few weeks but haven't gigged it yet I will let you know after next weekend, fingers crossed I sold a fair few cabs to get this.
[/quote]
thanks Hamstar8

Had one with the ninja amp since October I think.

Absolutely. Love. It.

Soundwise: naturally it's what your ears like, but for me it's really easy to get amazing tones with my 66 Jazz or Stingray Classic. It's great for brighter, slappy stuff but also fantastic for the warmer tones. It's not even like it's just average with certain tones but it's genuinely amazing at everything I try (FOR ME).

The rest: I have a fiat panda as a car. it's small. I can get this cab in my boot without putting seats down. For me, that was vital - I needed small and powerful and I think this is about as good as it gets in that department. I got them before the prices went up on them too and so the value for me was great. It's plenty loud enough quite a bit below half master/gain etc. For bigger venues it's also able to be pushed no issues.

All in all: I absolutely love it and I don't see me changing it ever because it's perfect for me in every way - I'm lucky because it just seems to fit my bill spot on. Maybe different for you/others! I think in general if you've got the space/no issues with lugging gear, I'd probably go for 2 4x10s/8x10s as I love that cushion of bass!

Hope that helps!

[quote name='Dancj' timestamp='1489673740' post='3258864']
Had one with the ninja amp since October I think.

Absolutely. Love. It.

Soundwise: naturally it's what your ears like, but for me it's really easy to get amazing tones with my 66 Jazz or Stingray Classic. It's great for brighter, slappy stuff but also fantastic for the warmer tones. It's not even like it's just average with certain tones but it's genuinely amazing at everything I try (FOR ME).

The rest: I have a fiat panda as a car. it's small. I can get this cab in my boot without putting seats down. For me, that was vital - I needed small and powerful and I think this is about as good as it gets in that department. I got them before the prices went up on them too and so the value for me was great. It's plenty loud enough quite a bit below half master/gain etc. For bigger venues it's also able to be pushed no issues.

All in all: I absolutely love it and I don't see me changing it ever because it's perfect for me in every way - I'm lucky because it just seems to fit my bill spot on. Maybe different for you/others! I think in general if you've got the space/no issues with lugging gear, I'd probably go for 2 4x10s/8x10s as I love that cushion of bass!

Hope that helps!
[/quote]
Thanks dancj....it all helps! Yes going from a single 2x12 to 2 4x10 would give a certain 'extra' cushion of bass indeed!

[quote name='Dancj' timestamp='1489682723' post='3258972']
Yeah I guess I just meant that if money and space are no object that's probably what I'd have. Having said that, the tone I get from this is genuinely outstanding.
[/quote]
Thanks again Dancj, your comments have been helpful.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I now have a Ninja 2x12 and first outings with it have been very positive. I haven't pushed this 800 watt cabinet to the limit but it has stood in for a stacked 2x10 with a Traveller 2x10 very well, obviously not as 'wide' dispersion as two cabs but all in all it handled volume very well in two different bands/venues.....two of these would be monster! MarkBass haven't followed that idea yet but a front ported 2x12 could be welcomed.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1502900618' post='3354294']
I now have a Ninja 2x12 and first outings with it have been very positive. I haven't pushed this 800 watt cabinet to the limit but it has stood in for a stacked 2x10 with a Traveller 2x10 very well, obviously not as 'wide' dispersion as two cabs but all in all it handled volume very well in two different bands/venues.....two of these would be monster! MarkBass haven't followed that idea yet but a front ported 2x12 could be welcomed.

I shall be putting my 15 traveler up for sale I think soon just to get another Ninja cab as I love it
[/quote]

• 2 years later...
On 25/07/2020 at 22:23, owen said:

Yeah, but ATCs!

Many years ago I had a cabinet maker build me a 2x12 cab, fitted with ATC speakers, also a 1x15 ATC..it was a loud rig and I never used the 15 cab much. The 2x12 was my all playing cab and the memory of it triggered me getting a MarkBass 2x12 8ohm cab that I use almost always now. Slightly awkward to carry from one end but manageable and has sounded very good on most good sounding stage gigs.

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2020 at 17:54, bamboscha said:

@Hamstar8 Three years late to the party............I'm considering the 122. Already have a traveler 151p. I really like it. As a 151p owner, can you say anything more specific about the difference between the two?

Sorry Bamboscha....I'm late too but didn't arrive back into the UK until after your post date.

You will find quite a difference between a single 15 traveller and this 122 (2x12") cabinet.

I'm using a Little Mark Marcus 500 watt amp with this 122, it has a different sounding EQ than the Little Mark amps that I like.

I may get a 800 watt amp to use with the 122 as it the cab handles 800 watts, mine is an 8ohm cab so the 800 watt amp will probably push around 500w into it at peak....( I guesstimate here!)

I've had the big size and traveller 15" cabs. The big one was overpowering but would be great on larger stages/festivals.

I would say the Traveller 15" would struggle 'against' the 122. I think you will get as decent lows from the 122 and better middle to top end response.

We all want these amps and cabs set up in a shop to try them so its a shame you cant hear them on trial.

Sorry you are so far away as you could have A/B'd mine. cheers