Why become a member? ×

Guitar guitar Birmingham

bonzodog

Heads up for anyone that frequents this shop that they have just increased size of the whole shop and therefore considerably increased their selection of basses in store.
The old shop is still there for acoustic guitars but they have opened a new premises a few yards away for electrics.
I was in there this morning and was very impressed by the selection of basses.
Really friendly staff too without being pushy.

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1489085805' post='3254308']
Isn't that the shop on Hadleigh Road? If so I thought was pretty big already and stuffed full of expensive goodies!
[/quote]

Yes thats the one although its actually Hagley road. Now a lot bigger!

Edited by bonzodog

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1489129840' post='3254511']
Interesting. I've never been there, though have driven past a few times. What's the parking like?
[/quote]
It used to be four spaces out the front, three of which blocked the only disabled bay and access to the hotel next door, ah clever developers. Mind PMT isn't much better.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1489129840' post='3254511']
Interesting. I've never been there, though have driven past a few times. What's the parking like?
[/quote]

They have parking down the side of the building accessed via the side road off the cross roads. About 10 spaces at an angle so if you have a big car it can be a bit tight.

• 4 months later...

I spent about an hour in the new bass room at the Birmingham branch today. Very impressive actually, with a very good selection of basses. Quite Fender heavy, but lots of other instruments including some just arrived Ricks. Good selection of Mark Bass amps and cabs too, if that's your thing. Friendly, helpful staff as usual, nothing too much trouble and happy to let me try anything (a very nice roadworn Nate Mendell Sig took my eye) and easy parking too.

I think with PMT, and the new GuitarGuitar and Fair Deal stores within an hour's drive from me I'm pretty well served bass wise.

I picked up my Ibanez there at Xmas. There was a pretty good selection of gear already. Found the staff very helpful and friendly. The guy helping me knew his stuff, didn't get in the way and start showing off his slap skills for me (which is a real bug bear of mine). Walked away a happy chap. Parking is a bit tight, but was easy enough in Mrs K's little car.