Why become a member? ×

Reasonably priced flight case....??

Phil C

Hello people. I have a gig in Spain this summer (Deeper Purple - playing at Estopona bull ring - along with a Floyd and Zep tribute). Normally when I fly to Spain with my bass, I fly with Easy Jet, as they have always allowed my bass, in a soft gig bag, as hand baggage - with no extra costs incurred. Well, this time, as the promoter was buying a lot of flights, he ended up booking Ryan Air - and the bass will have to go in the hold :o ....

So, I am after a case for my bass that is good for baggage handlers.... I do have an old very heavy duty flight case that came with the bass (a 77 Precision) - but it weighs a tonne with a very uncomfortable leather handle!! Are there any "plastic" type alternatives, like Peli cases make for camera gear etc..... preferably about £150 tops........

Advice would be welcome. Many thanks.

Edited by Phil C

Just in case anyone else is interested, I have just purchased an SKB flight case from an army surplus guy on ebay - originally designed for guns! I will put new foam in!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141975912641?ul_noapp=true

This is basically the same top notch, waterproof and very strong case that sells for about £280 - and the same dimensions as their bass guitar version......
I will let you know how it goes!