Why become a member? ×

Hello from Wimbledon

JBP

Hi from sunny South West London... well at least it was today

I have been lurking around on the forum for a few weeks and thought it was time I went legit. It seems to be a really good community here a real wealth of knowledge, advice and information, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

As for me, I'm 46 and living in Wimbledon, South London . I've been playing since I was 16 and have played in all sorts of bands, from jazz funk to wedding bands, a Led Zep tribute band and a few bands playing our own material, did a few tours around the UK and Europe a bit of session work and was pretty much a full time musician through out the 90's. I ended up at university and have a degree in music/popular music. Then me and my Wife spent 2 years in Nashville working as sound techs. Then kids and real life came along and the basses have been under the bed for the last 10 years. Now that the kids are a bit older I have been finding the time to play again, and now I cant stop. I've been playing with a blues band for a couple of months but I really want something a bit more challenging. So there you have most of my life story..lol

As for gear I admit to being a bit of a Warwick fanboy, I have a 99 Corvette standard which I will take with me to the grave, a 97 Corvette FNA, and an Overwater Contemporary Jazz bass. Amp wise I currently have my trusty old Warwick Sweet 15 which I have had for years, and I am currently shopping around for a new gig rig, so spending a lot of time in the amps, section.

Anyway thanks for having me and I hope I can make a decent contribution to a great community...

Cheers
JBP

• 2 weeks later...