Why become a member? ×

FS: Slap strings Rotosound RS4000 - Price Drop
£85

If you're interested in these you don't need me to tell you it's a set of wrapped nylon / plain nylon strings. The classic low tension option, as used by blues, bluegrass, jazz and rockabilly players for decades.

I had a nostalgic experiment to try them out again after many years, but these just don't suit my style and my basses any more.

E+A barely used, fitted to one bass for a fortnight, transferred to another to settle for a few weeks, never left the house.
As ever with Rotos, the black silk at the loop end has slightly loosened during fitting giving the silks a slightly fuzzy look above the tailpiece. And as ever with rotos, the very long sounding length of string means the wound section has wrapped around the peg end by a couple of inches. These strings are designed to do that, and so long as moving to another 3/4 scale this is immaterial. Although they would fit on a full size, I couldn't guarantee the winding wont be slightly affected at nut end if you do fit them to a full size.

D+G brand new still in the packet.

If you've always wanted to give them a go, but dont fancy the £110 price tag ... here's a chance!

NOW £80 + p+p

Edited by PaulKing

• 1 month later...