Why become a member? ×

NND: Musicman USA SUB w/Status neck

40hz

After 2 months of waiting it finally arrived! I'm a bit of a graphite fan after owning a Modulus Flea and after purchasing my SUB, putting a Status neck on it was always on the cards. A Cutlass 1 on a budget! So away it got sent to Status to have the neck attached.

Build quality, fret work, fit and finishing is exemplary (as to be expected).

Tonally, it has improved the bass tenfold. Stingray on steroids! Heaps more clarity and punch, the growl factor has gone up even more so and it pokes through the mix beautifully.

Colour me seriously impressed! (Thanks to Rob and Dawn too, great customer service).

[quote name='ebenezer' timestamp='1489491532' post='3257333']
Well, i'm sitting down, so here goes...how much did that set ya back :huh:
[/quote]

Neck was £350 there or thereabouts. £175 to have it fitted with a full setup including new strings (Hotwires are actually rather good, I'd definitely buy another set).

Looks great. I've just done the same with my 2003 MM 'ray.

A used neck off this very forum (a member responded to my wanted ad) and it plays beautifully. I would have actually preferred one with no dot markers on the board for added stealth, but hey ho.

Edited by Deedee

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1489828194' post='3260113']
Looks great. I've just done the same with my 2003 MM 'ray.

A used neck off this very forum (a member responded to my wanted ad) and it plays beautifully. I would have actually preferred one with no dot markers on the board for added stealth, but hey ho.
[/quote]

How are you finding it, DeeDee?

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1490025267' post='3261535']

[/quote]

To quote Mr R. McDonald, I'm Loving it 😁

It played well before, but now it feels superb. The best word I can use to describe it (due to my lack of creative vocabulary) is 'smooth'. Not the obvious feel of the graphite, but the actual way the neck plays. Wherever you are on the neck it plays like butter, low action, no buzzes, bang on intonation. Big thanks for that must go to Stu at Electromusic who fitted and set it up for me. I dare say that it wouldn't play quite so well if I'd have set it up myself!

EDIT - And solid, it feels very solid, but not in a dead and lifeless way if you get what I mean

Edited by Deedee

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1490025267' post='3261535']

[/quote]

Still finding it wonderful, but has anybody else felt the need to look into fitting a string retainer bar to catch the G as well as the A and D? There seems to be very little break on the G

Edited by Deedee

• 2 weeks later...