Why become a member? ×

Whatever happened to...Pete Vukovic/Vuckovic?

NancyJohnson

Just a little curious.

I still love 3 Colours Red and the Elevation EP he did after the band folded (but never did land a copy of the Basskniv3s EP), but am just curious that a guy in a band with a decent following and back catalogue can just drop off the map like he has. I type the name into Google once in a while, but nothing recent. No Facebook or anything.

Anyone got any intelligence?

Edited by NancyJohnson

Pete did the Elevation EP after the first split, then Basskniv3s ('Come On You Motherf*ck*rs' EP) after 3CR finally called it a day.

He did a post, possibly to MySpace(!), saying the Basskniv3s album was finished and being remixed, but Mighty Atom never released it. I read somewhere recently that the album had been leaked.

Interestingly, I did exchange a couple if emails with him a few years ago. One of the US sports networks were using 3CRs 'Copper Girl' during their coverage of the Premier League and he didn't seem aware of this, so hopefully some royalties came through!

Edited by NancyJohnson

• 9 months later...

Just seen this. 

I know he's living in London with his girlfriend as my cousin bumped into him. He's not doing anything musically. He did the Basskniv3s EP and they did record an album but never released it. His girlfriend is on Facebook and does post pictures once in a while. 

I loved those first two 3CR albums. Tapped right into my adolescent angst they did. Always thought they should have been bigger, but there you go.

Revolt features one of my favourite bass tones - not sure how he did it though, it's very different to the tone of the first album, so I assumed it was a bass other than the Thunderbird. Then I saw the live DVD and there it is!

Never got into Revolt as much as Pure but this thread has reminded me to go listen to them again!

I remember seeing them in Leeds when they reformed, Chris McCormack had a massive strop because the other guitarist basically gave up playing as he couldn’t hear himself. That was fun!

Gonna go find their albums now...

1 hour ago, sirmuppet said:

Someone did tell me he used the Non-reverse Epiphone Thunderbird on Revolt.

My youthful inexperienced ears used to think that, mainly because it sounded very different to the Thunderbird on Pure, but also because he played a glittery one live when I saw them.

However since watching the live DVD from a few years back I now believe it to be the Gibson after all... maybe on the front pickup?

1 hour ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

My youthful inexperienced ears used to think that, mainly because it sounded very different to the Thunderbird on Pure, but also because he played a glittery one live when I saw them.

However since watching the live DVD from a few years back I now believe it to be the Gibson after all... maybe on the front pickup?

He played a glittery one? Nice, never seen that one.

I know he has a vintage non-reverse one he won on Ebay that he doesn't take out of the house and he also had a 5 string one but took one string off as he didn't like having 5. Have never seen him with either of those but he has mentioned them in interviews.

His amp during the last couple of tours was an Ashdown ABM Evo II 500 with the ABM 4x10 and 1x15. He did also use an 8x10 too. Back in the day he used an Ampeg and I'm pretty sure that's the amp he had issues with on the live DVD too. Basskniv3s it was a Trace Elliot stack but unsure which. 

Wow, this has triggered a bit of a nostalgia trip for me!

I remember our singer heard them first and liked them so much that at one point we had Pure, This Is My Hollywood, Nuclear Holiday and Alright Ma all in our set at the same time :D.

Just downloaded the Pure album on Spotify so I'm now going to have a bit of a listen and take myself back 20 years.

Edited by Painy

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Mighthy Atom uploaded a full set from 2004 about a month ago.  He still hasn't surfaced.  How the hell does someone just disappear?

I saw that the company who filmed this had uploaded one track a month ago too. They did it with a split of two different gigs. One of them being this one so perhaps there's another full gig out there somewhere.

Have you seen this that's not long popped up...? http://petevuckovic.com/ Could be that he's about to do something, hopefully. Especially since they just released the above gig. 

I do know he's been living in London with his girlfriend but as far as I know he hasn't done anything beyond the Basskniv3s EP.

24 minutes ago, sirmuppet said:

Have you seen this that's not long popped up...?

I hadn't seen the site, so bookmarked! I hope he's back; I feel a real affinity with pretty much everything he's been part of.

Edited by NancyJohnson

1 minute ago, NancyJohnson said:

I hadn't seen the site, so bookmarked! I hope he's back; I feel a real affinity with pretty much everything he's been part of.

Totally man. I was actually only last night I found that site. I did a check on the wayback machine and it's new with this image and certainly looks hopeful that something is coming. I'm currently watching the live video you posted and man it takes me back. This was the second to last tour they did. I remember they came out to do the encore in Glasgow and Chris snapped a string, blamed Pete for it for some reason and they squared up to each other on stage. I honestly thought they were gonna go at it.

I really do hope he's back with something. I'd even love it to be some solo stuff with him playing guitar. He was a great song writer as well as a kickass bass player. I'm so taking my Thunderbird to next practice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2018 at 20:53, Merton said:

Never got into Revolt as much as Pure but this thread has reminded me to go listen to them again!

I remember seeing them in Leeds when they reformed, Chris McCormack had a massive strop because the other guitarist basically gave up playing as he couldn’t hear himself. That was fun!

Gonna go find their albums now...

as an aside, Mr McCormack is the organiser of Camden Rocks.  I wasn't aware of this until a mate of mine who was working as crew this year pointed it out...I then went drinking with the mate as his shift had finished and I'm a bit vague on whether I actually saw McCormack playing the Underworld with The Professionals

• Like 1

On 18/07/2019 at 14:00, Monkey Steve said:

as an aside, Mr McCormack is the organiser of Camden Rocks.  I wasn't aware of this until a mate of mine who was working as crew this year pointed it out...I then went drinking with the mate as his shift had finished and I'm a bit vague on whether I actually saw McCormack playing the Underworld with The Professionals

He also played guitar for Gary Newman for a number of years too 

Not sure what happened to Paul Grant, he was playing with Pete but since that never went much further I dunno. Ben Harding was working in public relations.