Why become a member? ×

Squier CV 50s P Bass - WITHDRAWN
£200

Harryburke14

Up for sale is my fairly new squier CV 50s P Bass in white Blonde. Had it since January and done a NBD with pics on it here:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/299474-nishbd-squier-cv-50s-precision/page__fromsearch__1

Lovely looking and playing bass, does the whole 50s P Bass thud thing very well. Unfortunately though, it isn't getting used really and I can't see me gigging it as it doesn't have the growly super hot sound I'd like. Still a great bass though for any classic rock/soul/motown bassist. If it wasn't for the lack of use its getting here (and it deserves playing), and minor car troubles, I wouldn't be selling. Plus, the strict one in one out policy has been broken and I need a wall hook.

Has since been fitted with Dunlop Straplocks and La Bella low tension flats, which make it sound incredible. Bathroom scales say it's around 9lbs.

Cash on collection from Castle Bromwich (about 2 minutes from J5 of M6). Will look into shipping with serious interest.

May trade for other Squier CV basses...

Edited by Harryburke14

The squier classic vibe bass range are absolutely immense quality!
I've got the 60's CV P bass, and though the pickup was ok - I fitted an Entwistle pup, and boy, that added a lot of grunt to an already great bass! So maybe try changing the pickup? Don't know if Entwistle do that style of pickup? But they are amazing pickups, and such good value for a relatively cheap price :o

Personally, I'd keep this fine looking bass. I'm sure these are going to become sought after in a couple of years, as all the CVs and Matt Freeman basses made in that particular Chinese factory are now discontinued :(
Anyone who buys this bass won't be disappointed.
GLWTS