Why become a member? ×

clip on mic repair

Fuzzbass2000

I've had problems on one of my Sennheiser e608's where the wire which connects to the mic capsule had broken just at the flexible head point (the wobbly bit!) The wire gets a lot of flexing there and eventually breaks. Is it possible to plug the mics directly into a desk or other mic input point and test it? That will eliminate any potential fault on the wireless packs.

If the cable is broken in the mic head then it can be repaired but I have so say it was a pig of a job as you have to extract the length of cable from inside the flexible arm and also from the strain relief molding and then pull some wire through.

If you want a more detailed account best pm me and I will give you details.

Can't comment on the Nady as I'm not familiar with the design but if you can plug it directly into an input source somewhere at least you can confirm it is the mic part which has the problem or not.

[quote name='whizzzy' timestamp='1489415512' post='3256704']
I've had problems on one of my Sennheiser e608's where the wire which connects to the mic capsule had broken just at the flexible head point (the wobbly bit!) The wire gets a lot of flexing there and eventually breaks. Is it possible to plug the mics directly into a desk or other mic input point and test it? That will eliminate any potential fault on the wireless packs.

[/quote]

Cheers

I think that's pretty much the problem with the E608 - we're tried it through multiple "known to be working" wireless transmitter / receiver combinations so I'm sure it's the mic and not the wireless packs, and when you wiggle the head around it sometimes seems to make contact.

Assuming I can find someone to do the work (I can't... I've got bass players fingers!) is there anything that we can do to reduce the possibility of it happening again?

Of it is there a better cost effective replacement out in the market place?

Edited by Fuzzbass2000

[quote name='Fuzzbass2000' timestamp='1489614537' post='3258453']...
Assuming I can find someone to do the work...
[/quote]

Don't let on that I told you, but our very own [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/7835-kiogon/"]KiOgon ...[/url] has been known to successfully repair many items thought lost to all for ever. Might be worth asking him (nicely...)..?