Why become a member? ×

Spector

radiophonic

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1493309713' post='3287385']
That is f***ing awesome. Tell me all about it please.
[/quote]

It is a 'pre LX' Euro 5 with full maple wings. Bought on this forum last year, had it refinished in this color, also shaved the neck a bit.
The color was hard to get right, I wanted something transparent, not too pink, no too magenta and not too purple. This is the closest it got.

[quote name='djaxup' timestamp='1493375148' post='3287852']
both look superb :) very nice.
[/quote]

Thank you! The Puple one was originally a Euro 5, the knobs are removed and the controls are now on the back of the bass on the control cavity cover as sliding potmeters.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think the Euro's are worth every penny. Some of the best basses I've played. Speaking of, my 5LX is up on the market place! A regrettable decision but I must pay for my Alpher. Spector are truly up there with the best, quality and build is second to none. Even with the Legend series the quality is impeccable.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/304346-l950-bargain-2016-spector-euro-5lx/page__pid__3303878#entry3303878

Edited by ChazzJEUK

[quote name='2 left thumbs' timestamp='1496106137' post='3308842']
does anyone know where i can get a hard case for a euro 4 lx.
thomann did have them, website now saying not part of our current product range
[/quote]Firstly do you need a hard case? There's some awesome reinforced gig bags around these days.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1496257730' post='3310041']
Firstly do you need a hard case? There's some awesome reinforced gig bags around these days.
[/quote]

a gig bag would be fine for for gigs where i take my car. some gigs we all travel in the drummers van,
on those occasions would much rather have a hard case.
i have it in a hard case at the minute but i don't particularly trust it. if its stood at anywhere near upright when it's opened,it wants to slide out.
i know the spector cases are a snug fit so i think that's probably the safest bet.

and back in stock at thomann, sorted

Edited by 2 left thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

Just acquired a Euro 4 LXTW through a trade.
I really want to love this bass but the offset neck is causing me an issue by putting my wrist into an uncomfortable playing position regardless of how i have the strap set.
I'm 6' tall but must have short arms or something.
Like "Radiophonic" i can play my Stingray etc all day long but this bass is a real problem, i am persevering with it at the moment so fingers crossed!

[quote name='only4' timestamp='1497444179' post='3318186']
Just acquired a Euro 4 LXTW through a trade.
I really want to love this bass but the offset neck is causing me an issue by putting my wrist into an uncomfortable playing position regardless of how i have the strap set.
I'm 6' tall but must have short arms or something.
Like "Radiophonic" i can play my Stingray etc all day long but this bass is a real problem, i am persevering with it at the moment so fingers crossed!
[/quote]I have one of those and have never felt stretched with it. I've spent on decent straps lately which allow me to position a bass where it's comfortable.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1497474794' post='3318576']
I have one of those and have never felt stretched with it. I've spent on decent straps lately which allow me to position a bass where it's comfortable.
[/quote]
I think it's that the strap button isn't over the 12th fret.
The end result is that the first fret is a couple of inches further away and strap length doesn't seem to alter that, unless you choose to play like Bill Wyman!