Why become a member? ×

Precision bridge question.

Japhet

Tricky one, depends if the Tokai was designed solely for their basses. If no-one has the exact knowledge, why not see if a kindly Basschatter can loan you a Fender BBOT Bridge, see if that lines up with your Tokai bridge, and then if they do, post the BBOT back, and go ahead with new bridge purchase. Or measure the gaps between holes and see if anyone has a BBOT they can also measure and compare?

First to last hole centres on a babicz (fender fit) are 2.76in / 70mm. Measure that on your Bass and it should let you know if your in the ball park. Screw holes in between are equidistant so you can work out where they should be.

http://www.fullcontacthardware.com/fch-4-bass-specs.htm

Edited by LewisK1975

All the early Hard Punchers Springies etc were to stock VINTAGE fender measurements. So long as you get an oldie sized bridge you will be fine.

I was a tech at Cambridge Rock in 1980 when the first shipment of Tokais arrived. Picked the best of the Springy Sounds & still have it. Wish I had bought one of the 2 hard punchers at the time but at £80 each inc hard shell case I could't afford both. :D