Why become a member? ×

Does anyone here have my old Stingray?

miles'tone

Hey all..
I'm after getting reunited with my old 80's Ernie Ball Stingray and just wondered if any Basschatters may actually own it now.

It's a transparent red colour, rosewood board, 2 band eq, nice flame to the maple 4 bolt neck, string mutes bridge (no foam attached when I had it), added jazz pickup where the neck pickup on a jazz would be which means the jack is now on the body edge with volume/volume/treble/bass knobs, black pickguard, chips and dents around the bottom edge strap button, worn through on the forearm contour. Heavy-ish bass as I remember.

We have a lot of history together so I'm keen to get her back or at least be in touch with the present owner so I can arrange first dibs if she ever comes up for sale. I don't have any pics or the serial number unfortunately (never took any notice of the SN.. Idiot.)

Please help a kindred spirit for news of his old pal.

Cheeoz.

Si.

Edited by miles'tone

By the way this isn't a trick :) - it wasn't stolen or anything untoward, I had to sell it around 2002 to cover my rent when I lived in London. Stepney Green to be exact.
So if anyone does have a Stingray (or knows of one) that matches my above description, then please know that it's safe to come out now! ✌😊

Yes I've seen that one, but ta anyway :).
The one I'm looking for was an '86/'87 2 band in a much more abused state than that. The last 15 years since I saw it last may not have been too kind either!

Edited by miles'tone

Hey thanks, I just went searching on there and it was actually the very same bass mentioned above that is in the BC classifieds being sold by Tonci!

I must have looked at every used Stingray in the world that has been up online. The trail is cold.
It must be under someone's bed or in the back of a wardrobe somewhere, forgotten.
Funny how we get attached to things isn't it..

[quote name='buzzardian' timestamp='1489854816' post='3260376']
nope was a different one
with a slot for a j pu milled and an extra switch iirc
[/quote]
Really?! Do you have a link? I actually registered with them and had a good look through the classifieds but I didn't see that one..
Thanks