Why become a member? ×

Replacement Neo speakers

TheGreek

Just ordered the new TE Elf amp, the newly developed 1x10 and 2x8 speakers built to accompany the new Elf Unit aren't available till later this year so I'm looking for some lightweight Neo replacement speakers for my existing TE 2x12 cab.

I'm told that by replacing the existing speakers with Neos there's a possible weight reduction of 15kg - not insubstantial IMO.

So I'm looking at recommendations on (reasonably priced) replacement speakers (not cabs).

Fire away...

There are genuine problems about just swapping any old speakers into a tuned cab. Many swaps work but equally some mean that you can reduce the power handling and bass response considerably. At least one BC member has blown a speaker with an ill conceived swap.

Swapping speakers for a different model will also completely change the sound of a cab, it could be better or worse of course.

I'm not telling you not to do this, there is satisfaction in having a unique cab and having done it yourself, and you'll learn loads from doing it but the sensible answer if all you want to do is to play bass and love your sound would be to sell your cab as it is and put the money plus the cost of the new neo's towards a cab you can try before you buy.

If you want a challenge though :) then take advice from people here before you go ahead and you are far less likely to have a real disaster.