Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN -- EBS Fafner (v.1) with matching rack case
£600

thodrik

WITHDRAWN on 21/7/2017.

I bought a new light bulb and installed a new Mesa tube. I turned on the lamp to check that it was working and then fell in love with the amp again. So I'm going to just keep it. Original listing below...

Price or trade value: £600

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]No trades thanks, I have too much stuff as it is![/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]This is the EBS Fafner v.1. Generally marketed as the 'rockier' of the EBS amps, though this amp as been used by plenty of jazz, rock and metal players, from Marcus Miller to 'that guy from In Flames I cannot remember at the minute.'[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]600 watts at 2 ohms, approximately 440 watts at 4 ohms. This amp is really loud and 'heft' is in abundance.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]The EQ is really flexible, the compression is really great and there is an option to a bit of valve/tube drive to dial in a bit of warmth to full on dirt and filth. It is really an amp that cover all musical bases and styles.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]Amp comes with the matching EBS Proline 4U rack case. The original Fafner needs a 4U space because the fan is mounted on the side and it needs air to breathe. EBS told me that you can still use a 1U unit in the space above without any issues though.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]The 'in full disclosure bit':[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]1. The red LED light is not currently working. This is a well known issue with the amp. The LED is only there for cosmetic effect (to give the simulation of a valve 'glowing' and other than that it serves no purpose whatsoever.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]2. One of the springs on the handles of the rack case has stopped working. The handle works fine but when you let go of the handle it doesn't magically spring back into place like the other handle.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]Other than that the amp is in perfect working order. I can include the original manual and a Speakon cable with it as well.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,]I have moved away from Glasgow and I am now living in Orkney again, which is where the amp is. Courier is probably the most sensible option. I have priced the item to take this into account. I am happy to provide quotes for courier/delivery so just give me a message if you have any questions.[/font][/color]

[attachment=240486:IMG_0396.JPG]

Edited by Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Withdrawn on 21 July 2017. [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I bought a new light bulb and installed a new Mesa tube. I turned on the lamp to check that it was working and then fell in love with the amp again. So I'm going to just keep it.[/font][/color]