Why become a member? ×

Our new video done on a shoestring

Pinball

Hi, I hope that this is the right place to share this-if not please shout.
Almost everything was done in house. The soundtrack was all recorded by our band, with the exception of mastering. The song is about one of my buddies and set as his workshop. The video done by badger buddies, including some filming from a BC member.. I'm really pleased with the result so hope you enjoy it.

[url="https://youtu.be/OXPhW7z2UJ0"]https://youtu.be/OXPhW7z2UJ0[/url]

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1489490251' post='3257318']
Enjoyed that a lot. Is there a CD or Vinyl?
[/quote]

Naah nothing like that, we haven't got around to merchandise yet...no management and no time. If your doing everything yourselves and have day jobs it is a lot of work, It is really promotional so will be going digital.

Note: We get quite a bit of rock radio play but never get around to claiming for that either. Time the final frontier!

Thanks for the positives

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1489520201' post='3257655']
Great sound. I really liked this video.
Blue
[/quote]
Thanks Blue, we're really happy with it
The difficvulty with doing everything ourselves or with free help is that it's really difficult to keep things moving. The track was written about my buddy Jason and recorded with the video in mind. This video was supposed to be ready for last September/October and at times I was worried that it was never going to get there so excuse me for being really excited to see an end result.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1489519489' post='3257648']
Note: We get quite a bit of rock radio play but never get around to claiming for that either.

If you are not registered with PRS then there is money sitting somewhere waiting for you. Get on it!
[/quote]

Actually the money is only sitting waiting for you for so long (a year IIRC) after which it goes into the unlogged royalties pot which is distributed among members depending on their logged PRS earnings. So if you don't join the PRS your songwriting performance royalties eventually end up going to people like Bono and Elton John.

Also if you are a PRS member you can submit set lists for the songs you play at your gigs and earn money from playing your own songs live! Admittedly it's not a lot - £6 divided by all the songs played by all the bands at a gig - but IME most bands don't do this so if you are the only band supplying a set list you'll end up with all the money. For a regularly gigging band this can be a decent source of income. The Terrortones funded the recording of two of our EPs with our PRS royalties from gigs.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='Lysdexia' timestamp='1489602113' post='3258327']
I loved it - not least the subliminal political rallying call to the hoi polloi for the final showdown with the army of robot angry badgers the guy is building in his bunker.
Brave!
[/quote]
Thanks again for the positives...I may use that as an anoymous quote...I think I know what it means :)