Why become a member? ×

Repairman/ Luthier in swindon

Rooster

Anyone care to recommend me a bloke to fix my bass.
It's giving me some real problems, i'm not sure what it is but it's either giving a low output, no output or a slightly audible e estring and barely audible everything else. No one can seem to find the problem (music shops, electricians, fellow bassists/ guitarists) anyone care to recommend me someone?

[quote name='Rooster' post='32293' date='Jul 15 2007, 11:29 PM']Anyone care to recommend me a bloke to fix my bass.
It's giving me some real problems, i'm not sure what it is but it's either giving a low output, no output or a slightly audible e estring and barely audible everything else. No one can seem to find the problem (music shops, electricians, fellow bassists/ guitarists) anyone care to recommend me someone?[/quote]

Have a look at the recommended luthiers sticky at the top of this forum, theres a couple in Bristol which I think is closest to you.

Hamster

[quote name='Rooster' post='32293' date='Jul 15 2007, 11:29 PM']Anyone care to recommend me a bloke to fix my bass.
It's giving me some real problems, i'm not sure what it is but it's either giving a low output, no output or a slightly audible e estring and barely audible everything else. No one can seem to find the problem (music shops, electricians, fellow bassists/ guitarists) anyone care to recommend me someone?[/quote]
If you consider traveling as far as Bristol then why not get off the M4 sooner and [url="http://www.guitarclinic.co.uk/"]use this guy[/url]. I have had him repair several basses with differing problems and he is fantastic.

[quote name='stewblack' post='32368' date='Jul 16 2007, 09:20 AM']If you consider traveling as far as Bristol then why not get off the M4 sooner and [url="http://www.guitarclinic.co.uk/"]use this guy[/url]. I have had him repair several basses with differing problems and he is fantastic.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I've added him to the luthiers thread.

Hamster