Why become a member? ×

NBD - ACG

ead

Picked this up today. My pic is one of my worst ever :blush: but included to prove it's here.

[attachment=240593:ACG Custom J Type 2 01.docx.jpg] [attachment=240594:IMG_2121.jpg] [attachment=240595:IMG_2147.jpg]

[attachment=240596:IMG_2148.jpg] [attachment=240597:IMG_2146.jpg]

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1489531851' post='3257773']
Blows your mind - So many nice things to point out!!

The Top and those Inlays for starters...
[/quote]

Thanks, in the flesh it is truly stunning, the inlays are actually Ash like the body. Here's the link to the spec.

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0232-j-type-4-for-sale/

Wood grain! Front, back, fretboard...it's all so nice! I'm very jealous. In fact, I reckon if and when I've got enough spare cash lying around (probably not for a long time) an ACG will be my custom of choice. Seen so much variety on this forum and without exception they have all been beautiful :o

It is indeed a P/J setup. The J p/up is set quite close to the bridge, and I don't know for certain but ACG p/ups normally have ceramic magnets unless you ask for Alnico. I've not had a massive amount of quality bass time with this one yet but it definitely has a bit of bite to it in a good way.

The EQ is stand John East (not a filter EQ on this bass) plus the benefit of an active/passive tone control so i think I'll get a wide range of tones to access. Nice and light too at a little over 8lbs.

The bass also has the ACG/Newtone strings fitted which I've never had before so I'm interested to see what they are like compared to my normal D'Addario Nickel BT sets.

Nice one ead, worth the top rating on the BASS scale.

My Skelf SS is fitted with the John East active/passive eq and you will find it has a wide range of tones. Ive found it an almost seamless transition sound wise if you switch between the two options while playing.

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1489567024' post='3257906']
:lol: Alain is the ACG family. He buys half Mr. Cringean's stock. Lucky man.
[/quote]

:D

I'm still a very distant second to Scoop and possibly one or two others.