Why become a member? ×

DSM Drivemaker UK?

GremlinAndy

I just checked the online tracking and its in the UK. Yay!
With Parcelforce. Boo!
Heh heh. It should arrive tomorrow I think... Hope.
There's going to be an import charge and parcelforce own blackmail, sorry, 'handling' charge to pay.
As soon as it arrives, or should I say once I've put it through its paces, I'll try to get some sort of review online.
I can say already though that Daniel has been brilliant, with great comms and prompt action in shipping it out. A lovely chap too. Very appreciative that people are buying his effects.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1490187530' post='3262998']
I keep listening to the Mr Exane demo. Sounds great. But then again he makes everything sound good.
[/quote]

Really? I couldn't disagree more... He makes everything sound rushed and uses equipment virtually nobody else owns for his demos, which in my mind makes them entirely non-representative of what the demoed pedal would sound like! His are the only gear demos I actively avoid!

Well, I had the weekend to give it a bash.
All in the house using PJ Bass "Bighead" and some Audi Technica headphones.

I like it.

It's capable of so many sounds. So many that it could do with programmable channels to store more than one.
I actually like the sound of it when the gain is *almost* minimum. It adds an edge and harmonics without being too obvious. That's a sound not really covered at all in the demo mentioned above.
I have been searching for the right sound for me for a long while...
I currently own, Darklass B3K and Vintage, Black Cat OD-1, Aguilar Agro (rack), Aguilar Tone Hammer (ags), Suhr Riot, EHX Bass Soul Food. And probably others I can't think of right now... And the DSM has it for me. It's a single pedal that kind of does it all. It may not be right for you, because I think OD, Distortion, Fuzz is so very personal.
Until the DSM I was favouring the cheapest pedal in the list above, the Bass Soul Food. I don't play metal or doom, so I don't want too much of anything really, and I found the SF the easiest to control.
So in summary, I love the DSM, and it's probably more capable than I'll ever need, but right now it's the only one which will make my pedalboard.