Why become a member? ×

Anyone feeling flush? Hendrix Sunn rig.

doomed

The shipping might put you off though.

https://reverb.com/item/4530725-jimi-hendrix-s-sunn-amps-2000s-head-w-2-2x15-cabs-with-jbl-d140-felix-pappalardi-mountain-amp?gclid=CPPh3--X19ICFYiEswodXQ4NaA&pla=1

Edited by doomed

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1489656319' post='3258642']
Never got all this "Ex famous name, £145 squillion" nonsense. It's just a mass produced and ordinary amp, guitar or whatever. The fact that Spiggy Tope has dribbled over it makes no bloody difference whatsoever.

Rant over.
[/quote]
This, for that cash i could get house extension with a music room and a brand new valve amp.

It's simple, there are a small number of people in the world with more money than they know what to do with. So do they use it to fund research to cure cancer? Help the poorest in the third world? Fund space exploration to further mankind? Nope, they buy trinkets to try and out do one another.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1489661433' post='3258694']
It's simple, there are a small number of people in the world with more money than they know what to do with. So do they use it to fund research to cure cancer? Help the poorest in the third world? Fund space exploration to further mankind? Nope, they buy trinkets to try and out do one another.
[/quote]
I would [b]certainly [/b]like a cure for my cancer!! And I'm fascinated by space expoloration. But I wouldn't mind owning some of Jimi's gear (if it's for real) - not sure I would pay this much though, even if I had the money.

Edited by inthedoghouse

Don't entirely get it. If Jimi was a personal friend or he gave it to me, sure it would be great. But saying to visitors, hey this is Hendrix's amp!! And there's no story behind it other than I was appallingly rich enough to buy it, it's just not so good a story.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1489661433' post='3258694']
[/quote]

Where's the "like" button when you need it!

If I had the money I deliberately [i]wouldn't[/i] buy it because [i]not[/i] buying it would make me look good to people I've never met who don't like the idea that we live in a society where the rich can buy whatever they want.

Being rich might be nice but looking good to people one has never met is reward in itself.

Provenance is a bizarre thing.

As some of you will now, there's a regular auction of musical instruments at Gardiner Houlgate, Corsham...in the last sale, a small blister pack of wood shavings from an acoustic guitar 'used by Jimi Hendrix' sold for close to £500.

Stupid people. Stupid people everywhere.

http://guitar-auctions.co.uk/portfolio-post/lot-447-jimi-hendrix-wood-shavings-from-the-1960s-zemaitis-12-string-acoustic-guitar-used-by-jimi-hendrix-in-1967/

Edited by NancyJohnson