As we're talking about Bowie..career highest & lowest

34 replies to this topic

#31 Japhet

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Beer, music, motorbikes, rugby, beer, gear accumulation, football and beer,

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Highest - Aladdin Sane. Also the piss take of Ricky Gervais on Extras.
Lowest - The Christmas thing ^^ with Bing Crosby where Crosby obviously had no idea who Bowie was. Also thought the Alabama Song was dreadful.

Edited by Japhet, 18 March 2017 - 01:10 PM.

Musicman Stingray 4
Lakland Skyline 55 01
Tokai Hard Puncher
Weber Mywatt 200
Tecamp Back Jag
Genz Benz Steamliner 600
TechSoundsystems 2x12
TechSoundsystems 2x10 Combo
Tecamp 1x12

#32 Count Bassy

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

I liked and still like "Dancing in the Street", Great driving version which doesn't take itself seriously.
Clive Thorne
Daventry,
UK.

#33 silverfoxnik

"Waiting for the gift of sound & vision.."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostCount Bassy, on 19 March 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

I liked and still like "Dancing in the Street", Great driving version which doesn't take itself seriously.

Yep - me too. I like his version of the Alabama Song as well, but i think its one of those 'marmite' pieces of music that really divides opinion​...
So many basses, so little time...

My Feedback

www.replaysounds.co.uk

#34 GarethFlatlands

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

View Postbazztard, on 17 March 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

Space Oddity, tho it's really Herbie Flowers' bassline that kills it, one of the most complex basslines to learn note for note as it travels over every inch of the fretboard.

No-one else in my Bowie covers band seems to believe me when I tell them what hard work that line is! I've tried and given up learning it a few times now and they still insist I could do it standing on my head.

Lots of highs for me, anything with Carmine Rojas playing on it is a joy to play, adore Blackstar. Too many to mention really.

We always start our set off with Station to Station which I'm not a fan of but that's a personal low. I find some of his later output a little MOR but none of it's bad as such. Never heard Tin Machine so maybe I should just to have a definitive answer here!

#35 Mister RLP

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

No-one else in my Bowie covers band seems to believe me when I tell them what hard work that line is! I've tried and given up learning it a few times now and they still insist I could do it standing on my head.

Glad it's not just me then. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users