Why become a member? ×

Bassix EUB - headless / cello body / composite neck
£475

timo

Selling another odd one... A Bassix EUB built on a cello body with a composite, headless neck; the ball ends of the string sit by the nut and the tuners are in the special tail piece. The spike is extra long so it's playable standing up with a normal nut height. The preamp has volume, treble and bass controls and it sounds surprisingly good for such a freak... It's in storage at the moment but I'll get some samples recorded when I can get my hands on it.

Comes in a really well padded Ritter cello bag. Collection or meet up near York definitely preferred, not sure if it's postable.

Apologies for the slightly hurried listing, just realised my marketplace posting fee expires this afternoon!

Photos: [url="https://imageshack.com/a/1fxl/1"]https://imageshack.com/a/1fxl/1[/url]

[attachment=240752:cellobass.jpg]

Edited by timo

[quote name='petebassist' timestamp='1489746883' post='3259374']
Mr Hatswell's a genius! If you could easily switch to the string speaking length, I think it would be a great little gigging instrument, especially being headless.
[/quote]

Yes, I think it would be a great instrument, in terms of portability.
According to Wikipaedia, the scale length of a Cello is 27.4 inches (695 mm) - which is shorter than short scale bass guitar :o

Not sure I prefer it being headless though...
Still, a very tempting bass :)

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1489753752' post='3259470']
Yes, I think it would be a great instrument, in terms of portability.
According to Wikipaedia, the scale length of a Cello is 27.4 inches (695 mm) - which is shorter than short scale bass guitar :o
[/quote]

Yes, cello is about that length. Well, mine is, anyway :)

Portable is another matter, of course. Don't forget the angled FB and the bridge and soundbox height...