Why become a member? ×

What to try next?

gingerfish

So I have been very lucky over the last couple of years and had a few pedals come and go. I'm wondering what people would recommend I check out next. Ideally not crazy expensive (£80 or less) .

Pedals that have come and gone:
[list]
[*]Darglass B3K - upgraded my amp to a Tech 21 VT500 and found it wasn't offering anything over the the general tone
[*]Ashdown NM2 - again didn't add any great improvement in tone
[*]Big Muff (pi) - Good fun to play for whom the bell tolls but no practical use for me in the band I'm in.
[/list]
A Link to my band is in the footer if you want to hear my current band setting.

Recently got a salt booster + that I'm enjoying as it lets me push the amp a little harder for some heavier sections.

Feel free to post something weird and whacky, I want to know what is out there. Thank for the ideas.

My [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]weird and whacky suggestion: a bitcrusher. They are like a very digital sounding fuzz that keeps all your low end. Fun bonus is you can get 8bit type sounds from it if you set them right. I have an Iron Ether Frantabit (my favorite pedal) and a Moore LoFi Machine. Both good bits of kit, the Frantabit is a bit more expensive, but also more versatile.[/color][/font]

If you just want to try out a load of effects to see what they do you should, in my opinion, go for a Zoom B3 which will give you hours of fun, has some really good patches, and can hold its' own in virtually any situation. Probably within your budget as well.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1489766233' post='3259674']
My [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]weird and whacky suggestion: a bitcrusher. They are like a very digital sounding fuzz that keeps all your low end. Fun bonus is you can get 8bit type sounds from it if you set them right. I have an Iron Ether Frantabit (my favorite pedal) and a Moore LoFi Machine. Both good bits of kit, the Frantabit is a bit more expensive, but also more versatile.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

These look pretty crazy, could actually be kind of fun for some break down bits. Cheers for the suggestion.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1489774520' post='3259800']
BSW. Funky squelchy goodness
[/quote]

I think this one is a step too far if I'm honest, some of the tones i kinda dig but don't fully get where I'd utilise it in a song, do you have an recording of one in a band situation?

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1489792349' post='3260004']
gonna have to suggest the lateral sound "Spore" great boost/drive/fuzz! well worth a look!

andy
[/quote]

That is a very impressive bit of kit, there other pedals also look pretty special, might have to stick them on the list for when cash is a little better.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1489828034' post='3260111']
Well, what exactly are you trying to achieve?
What's the music you're playing? What is it about your standard tone you're not happy with?

Etc etc :)

Si
[/quote]

Hi Si, the band I'm in is called the Sharrow, link in my sig. Its a metal/hard rock, not overly heavy. I'm more looking to see what people like to have in their arsenal to play with but not just a noise maker, something that can be utilised that not everyone uses, if that makes sense. I'm not looking for any particular sound, just want to know what is out there.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1489828369' post='3260116']
If you just want to try out a load of effects to see what they do you should, in my opinion, go for a Zoom B3 which will give you hours of fun, has some really good patches, and can hold its' own in virtually any situation. Probably within your budget as well.
[/quote]

Will keep a multi effect in mind if I see one pup up.

[quote name='gingerfish' timestamp='1490016042' post='3261443']

That is a very impressive bit of kit, there other pedals also look pretty special, might have to stick them on the list for when cash is a little better.

[/quote]

the primer is super cool! he made me a one of custom fitler trem that sounds mental!

[quote name='gingerfish' timestamp='1490355772' post='3264531']
Anyone got a really good song with a wah in to show it in the mix?
[/quote]
Wah on the main riff at about 0:50
[media]http://youtu.be/KDMvN45sjo4[/media]

Same bassist, same wah. Used in the verses.
[media]http://youtu.be/LJw4oUmK8SA[/media]

Wah on both guitar and bass, just because:
http://youtu.be/GIhYIkg02p0

Edited by Johnny Wishbone