Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Yamaha BB605
£200

AdamWoodBass

Hey everyone

I'm selling my Yamaha BB605 as it's not getting used anymore. Need to raise cash to buy a pram for little one so not interested in trades at the moment.

Condition
Being perfectly honest it's pretty beaten up condition wise, the bass is about 15 years old and has been very heavily gigged in that time so it's covered in dings and scratches. Also it's missing a couple of tone knobs (the pots are still there and still work perfectly just the chrome caps that sit over them have fallen off and vanished). Likewise the active/passive switch is missing a nut (which also fell off on a gig once upon a time), still works perfectly but is loose instead of being bolted to the body. Lastly the bass took a fairly nasty whack after a punter knocked it off a stage years ago, this resulted in a crack in the headstock near the tuning peg for the G string, this was fixed by a joiner mate of my dad's and is really really strong and I've NEVER had a tuning issue with this bass. Condition is all purely aesthetic and does not effect the sound our playability at all.

Features (from the Yamaha website)

This BB Series 5-string model features a built-in NE1 Parametric EQ and the BBNE2 Nathan East style body silhouette. ・Nathan East Sculpted Body Design ・Solid Alder Body ・5-String Maple Neck ・Rosewood Fingerboard ・24 Frets ・Single Coil Pickups ・Nathan East NE-1 Parametric EQ ・Diecast Chrome Tuners/Hardware ・Black, Natural, Wine Red Finishes ・Limited Lifetime Warranty

Additionally it's a 34" scale 5 strings and weighs about 4kg. Just restrung a couple of days ago with Elixir Nanoweb strings.

Here is a demo tune I recorded with it a couple of days ago after restringing it.
[url="https://soundcloud.com/adam-mark-wood/yamaha-demo"]https://soundcloud.c...ood/yamaha-demo[/url]

£200 ONO collected from Manchester (with a gig bag) or will post if buyer pays postage.

Cheers

Adam

Edited by AdamWoodBass