Why become a member? ×

Bravewood basses

MM Stingray 62

Mine was finished in May last year and is fantastic. It's the '58 style blonde on his website.

He's a one-man operation so if he's saying he's too busy at the moment I'd take him by his word, might be worth trying again in a few months.

I last saw him in November and he was still in the same place, still building.

If you like vintage style fenders these are great instruments, IMO. Attention to detail is fantastic.

Following this topic starting, I emailed him yesterday because as usual I'm late to the party. I would really like a relic '63 P and left handed at that. I had just got around to a bit of serious research and his name came up. I got a very nice replay this morning to say that he is moving to another part of the country so is only working on projects he already has in hand in order to finish them before he moves. It was unclear whether he will start again once he has moved, but as he suggested he was moving his workshop too it seems likely. I've asked him to let me know when he is in a position to take fresh orders, but I fear this may be a while away.

• Like 1

[quote name='phil.c60' timestamp='1490111171' post='3262258']
Following this topic starting, I emailed him yesterday because as usual I'm late to the party. I would really like a relic '63 P and left handed at that. I had just got around to a bit of serious research and his name came up. I got a very nice replay this morning to say that he is moving to another part of the country so is only working on projects he already has in hand in order to finish them before he moves. It was unclear whether he will start again once he has moved, but as he suggested he was moving his workshop too it seems likely. I've asked him to let me know when he is in a position to take fresh orders, but I fear this may be a while away.
[/quote]
He did say on his site that he doesn't do left handers ; perhaps he has changed policy

I hassled him mercilessly to build me a pre CBS 5 string jazz. He only has jigs and templates for 4 strings If he has jigs for left handed ones you are in luck but I have not seen any left handed ones.

Edited by owen

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1490476471' post='3265459']
I hassled him mercilessly to build me a pre CBS 5 string jazz. He only has jigs and templates for 4 strings If he has jigs for left handed ones you are in luck but I have not seen any left handed ones.
[/quote]

Oh Sweet Lord...I'll have one of them, too. But with blocks and binding on the neck, please. Sunburst...3TSB. Minimal to no relic work. If necessary, I could see myself purchasing a Warmoth neck to save him making a neck jig.

[quote name='marleaux62' timestamp='1492959014' post='3284374']
Check out the bravewood website he has got a p bass for sale at £1500.
I would buy it myself but I want one with a rosewood board.
[/quote]

http://www.bravewoodguitars.co.uk/page5.html

That is just utterly gorgeous.

I would need to be barking mad to buy yet another P-bass so I won't, but that just leaves it sat there for any Basschatter with exquisite taste. And £1500.

He's the real deal. I've had a J bass and a telecaster from him and they are both lovely instruments. It's also funny that they come up for sale off and on for more than the price he sells them for. It's laudable that he keeps the price accessible, quantity low and quality high. He's a rare bird!

• 2 months later...

[url="https://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=bravewoodguitars.co.uk#whois-results"]https://www.nominet....k#whois-results[/url]

[quote]
Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***
[/quote]

That is what happens when you forget to renew the domain registration or let it expire.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard