Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Dual footswitch alternative ?

fleabag

In case i cannot find one of these...

Would this be of any use from Amazon ? Its dual latching, which i think is correct

I've seen other dual footswitches but they appear to use a mono jack, and the TE has a stereo jack like this
Amazon cheapie below ..

[url="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-Twin-Latching-Footswitch/dp/B00CLC9CH2/ref=pd_sbs_107_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8PVDB8CPVA8WCS9G81GX"]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-Twin-Latching-Footswitch/dp/B00CLC9CH2/ref=pd_sbs_107_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8PVDB8CPVA8WCS9G81GX[/url]

Edited by fleabag

Hi Trev

It wouldnt make sense for them to be momentary. Say you wanted to kick the graphic in mid song, you would have to keep your foot on the switch till you didnt need the graphic

Same for if you wanted kick in the pre shape.

The switches are momentary, they just make a contact to negative to switch that part of the circuit.
The foot switch has a wire from the pre shape switching circuit, a wire from the graphic switching circuit and a negative wire.

Thanks verb.

I maybe misunderstanding things. I looked up the difference between momentary and latching and it still seems at odds with everything

So if one wanted to kick the EQ in mid song, using a momentary switch, one would not have to keep their foot pressed on the footswitch ? One could kick the graphic in, take their foot off and the graphic would stay on ?

I'm not really getting this, but then my knowledge of leccies is well below par

[size=3][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Yes, as Verb says, my recollection was that a contact on the footswitch was a signal for a relay in the amp to flip position rather than a hard open or closed circuit running from the amp to the footswitch and back again. [/color][color=#000000]If that makes sense. Hence using a momentary rather than latching switch.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Different principle to say, a killswitch, where the audio signal runs through the switch itself.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Happy to be proved wrong, of course. [/color][/font][/size]

Edited by TrevorR