Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Dingwall Afterburner I Five String - feeler for Sale / Trade
£1600

nickmew

Withdrawn - just can't part with the beauty at the moment

[attachment=241208:2017-03-19 12.04.21.jpg][attachment=241209:2017-03-19 11.59.19.jpg]

Full album here: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/cliuxgvld0i7489/AAC_Bqz9VfVYjWLvkXVwJpbMa"]https://www.dropbox....VYjWLvkXVwJpbMa[/url]

It may be time to let go of my beloved Dingwall. I still love the tone, I still love the look, I still love the way it plays and money permitting I'd hang onto it, but my ageing tendons and stubby fingers are starting to feel the strain of a 37" low B and 18.5mm string spacing, so I'm looking for something probably shorter scale and skinnier spacing.

OK to be honest I'm looking for the Roscoe LG 5 that the guy who was in Bass Direct half an hour before me bought (and I briefly, jealously played), but I think he'll probably be hanging onto it for a while.

In the meantime looking for either sale to fund similar, or if anyone is looking to move the other way to the dark side of fan frets and a truly thunderous low B (it honestly stomps over anything else I've played, including the Roscoes) a trade with whatever funds are mutually agreeable to match up differences.

It has a truly gorgeous maple flame top with a trans-black burst (looks a little purple in the pictures but less so in real life), and alder body, maple neck and wenge fretboard. The Dingwall card says 7lb 14oz, which is stupidly light for a 5, and it is also well balanced. The FD3s are stupidly powerful for passives and a wide variety of tones available - this has the older configuration with switch that does a kind of scooped mid cut.

Unfortunately does have one small ding on the bottom horn (see picks) and a tiny scratch on the bottom, but otherwise clean.
Comes with a fitted SKB Freedom case

I'm still not sure I want to sell it, I may regret this....... £1600 as a starter?

Edited by nickmew

[quote name='Dudly01' timestamp='1490284879' post='3263952']
Just making sure: previous costumer backed off?
[/quote]
In case you were asking as you're interested, it's still here. If just a casual enquiry, no worries.