Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Trace Elliot GP7 300w combo
£200

TheGreek

[size=5][b]Price [s]£200[/s] reduced to £175 each.[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]One sold, one remaining.[/b][/size]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Because of the great work he does I'm commissioning another new custom build with our own Andyjr1515 ([i]watch out for the forthcoming thread[/i]) so to raise the funds and make space I'm selling various basses and amps.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For sale here [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]are two Trace Elliot GP7 combos both in great nick with no issues. One was purchased here from UK Lefty, the other from eBay and was [b]serviced by my local amp Tech[/b]. The latter[b] is on castors and has a genuine TE cover[/b]. I think I also have a spare.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Everybody knows how good these are, nobody sells them because they don't do what their designed for, they sell them because they are heavy. My advice - put it where y[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ou don't need to move it or get some help when you do.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I returned to using TE after buying loads of Class D heads in search of "[i]that[/i]" tone - only to find out it's available in every TE but virtually none of the Class D stuff. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm not unhappy to keep hold of one of them but with a new TE Elf head incoming at the end of the month [i][b](well that was what I was told)[/b][/i] I really don't need to horde all this TE gear.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Quick pic here: [/font][/color]
[url="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/Trace%20Elliot%20GP7/image_zpsjd2aw6wc.jpeg.html"][/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm in Hatfield, Herts - your welcome to come and try either/both - tea/coffee and bickies available.[/font][/color]

Edited by TheGreek

Some photos of the one in least good condition - as you can see it's pretty good. Anybody who's interested will probably need to come and try before they buy.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/slideshow/Trace%20Elliot%20GP7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a short message of support - my super-heavy Hellborg rig is in for servicing so I went out and bought an old TE 250 head. I've had loads over the years - heavy? Yes, but forget all that when you listen. Absolutely astounding. Nothing like as refined as my main rig, obviously, but power almost without limit and that super-distinctive Trace core tone. Love it. As discussed with the seller - what is it, a 30 second load in/out at most venues - and I use a truck? Well worthwhile in almost all cases. I have class D amps (of the highest order - AER) but there's something that they can't emulate re: class A/B to my ears. These old TE combos are bullet proof and what a price!

Thanks Three....somebody else who's seen the light...love that TE tone..buy any Class D amp you want but there is no substitute for that real Class A/B tone.

One has sold so now selling the other.

On castors and with a genuine TE cover, serviced by Mal at the Stevenage Amp service just before Xmas, been in the hallway since.

Let me know if you're interested.

Genuinely, the 1x15 combos are manageable. You would have that warm fuzzy feeling when carrying it, safe in the knowledge that it's considerably lighter than the 2 x 10 version.

Seriously though, some £14 castors from Screwfix and you're sorted 👍

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1492428170' post='3280120']
Is that the one I sold you a few years ago?
[/quote]

Late reply, sorry mate.
Yes! took it to church and it's never moved. I really rate it because it's so dependable. (Wondered where I got it from) B)

• 2 weeks later...