Why become a member? ×

Power Conditioners

jimbartlett

Hello,

I wondered if someone could answer a question for me? I want to run a DHA rackmount unit from a Power Conditioner. I was thinking of making a cable which has a normal socket on one end and plug the other end into the Power Conditioner. I could then plug my normal 12v adapter into this then into the back of the DHA. Would this work ok? I think it would work I just wanted to check I wasn't being stupid :)

Cheers,

Jim.

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='32355' date='Jul 16 2007, 08:33 AM']Hello,

I wondered if someone could answer a question for me? I want to run a DHA rackmount unit from a Power Conditioner. I was thinking of making a cable which has a normal socket on one end and plug the other end into the Power Conditioner. I could then plug my normal 12v adapter into this then into the back of the DHA. Would this work ok? I think it would work I just wanted to check I wasn't being stupid :)

Cheers,

Jim.[/quote]

No problem with that at all. You could either use a flying 13-amp socket or get one mounted on a plastic wallbox and secure it inside your rack. Run a cable from the socket to an IEC plug. Plug in your 12v adaptor.

The other alternative is to find a 12v dc supply that has a captive mains lead, rather than a plug-in wallwort type and just fit an IEC instead otf the 13-amp plug. You can secure that inside the rack with tie-wraps or velcro.

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='32355' date='Jul 16 2007, 08:33 AM']Hello,

Cheers,

Jim.[/quote]

Jim,

Your new DHA VT5-Studio-Bass has the supply built in so you don't need the 12V power supply anymore. Just plug the mains plug on the VT5 into the conditioner.

Dave

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='32376' date='Jul 16 2007, 09:51 AM']Dave,

I'm sorry, I never thought of asking you about this. I assumed it would be the same as you other equipment. So it's a standard kettle lead power cable?

Cheers,

Jim.[/quote]

Hi Jim,

It's a fixed flying mains lead coming out the back.

Dave