Why become a member? ×

Herts Bass Bash 2017 - CANCELLED.

TheGreek

[quote name='prowla' timestamp='1492850277' post='3283607']
Hmmm, it's a hour's drive for me.
[/quote]

For the benefit of the uninitiated; these are good fun. Regrettably I can't be at this one due to family commitments. :(

[size=4][b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Currently there is not sufficient interest to put the event on.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Even though the previous Bashes have cost me and Chris (Bassface2k10) money, which we've been prepared to accept, this looks to be the most expensive yet - we'd have to foot the £125 booking fee bill before we open the doors. It doesn't look like we would recoup this to offset the cost as in the past.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We've had people pull out too, because it's Fathers Day.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My plan is to leave the thread open till middle of May, if there hasn't been an upsurge in interest we'll cancel and I'll donate everything I've collected to the club to auction, if that's what they want to do.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shame really, as we generally get good feedback from people who have enjoyed themselves.[/font][/color][/b][/size]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1493570356' post='3289166']
My plan is to leave the thread open till middle of May, if there hasn't been an upsurge in interest we'll cancel.....[/quote]

Is it not possible to re-schedule for another day?

Lol. Father's Day was ideal for me... 'It's your day Daddy, you can do whatever you want'... Right, help me load the car, see you all later, call a curry for 7pm'. :)

As long as there are no family obligations I'll make every effort to attend any other date, these things are great!

I'll look at the possibility of re-scheduling for [b]25th June[/b] - no Tennis at Wimbledon, no Cricket as far as I can see, F1 is in [size=4][color=#000000][font=SkyTextReg, sans-serif]Baku, Azerbaijan.[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#000000][font=SkyTextReg, sans-serif]Let me know i[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=SkyTextReg, sans-serif]f this is better...[/font][/color]

REVISED ATTENDANCE LIST

1. TheGreek
2. Bassface2k10
3. NickD

Looks clear on the calendar, obviously this is not quite the same as it actually being clear... will check with the master. If I can't make it you're welcome to my entry fee and the gas it would have cost.

Stuff like this:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/277704-herts-bass-bash-2016-sunday-5th-june/

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/284022-herts-bass-bash-2016-preampdi-pedal-shootout/

Check the links in the threads for more info.

[quote name='Carl G' timestamp='1493656604' post='3289776']
Being a newbie to Basschat and all things bass-wise; what happens at a Bass Bash?
[/quote]

Folk take along their basses and rigs for others to try out, and everyone has the opportunity to try out a sorts of gear that you won't find in the local mucic shops.

You also get to meet other BCers for a chat and put faces to names.

Edited by Grangur

Thanks for the info - that sounds really good. I don't have much in the way of gear as i am just starting off taking it seriously but it would be cool to meet up with more experienced bassists for a chat and advice.

I'm devastated, Mick, but can't make it, I'm afraid.

Like NickD, though, would be very pleased if you accept my entry fee and diesel money anyway. FOLKS - if it is ANYTHING like last year's bash, it is such a well run and hugely rewarding experience.....

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1494280659' post='3294735']
The new date is my daughter's birthday, so unfortunately I'm going to have to give the bash a miss this year.
[/quote]
+1 .... yes, really. It is also my daughter's birthday. :(

Unfortunately it looks like there are insufficient numbers to justify putting on this years event - I had overlooked the initial date coinciding with Fathers Day which clearly affected the number of those who were able to attend.

I have, reluctantly, been to the venue today and cancelled this years Bash.

At the same time I donated the de-fretted Spector donated by[b] Spectoremg [/b]and the Hohner Beatle Bass donated by [b]Thunderbird[/b] to the Club for their rehearsal room/studio. At least these have found a good home.

I'm sorry if this disappoints those who have attended in the past and were looking forward to attending another. From mine and Chris' point of view we have missed this opportunity to raise much needed funds for what was our local youth club when we were growing up.

I must thanks those who had agreed to provide support in the form of photographers, seminar facilitators, canteen staff, etc and hope that we can rely on your support if we put on similar events in the future.

Mick.