Why become a member? ×

Squeezebox/Sonos Spotify/Napster

skb558

Does anyone have a Squeezebox or Sonos and Napster setup at home; possibly with Napster in their car that can offer some advice.

I've been streaming music for years now on my trusty Logitech Squeezebox receivers strategically placed around the house,
fed by my collection on a NAS drive and more recently premium Spotify.

I have one in the office at home connected to my amplifier and speakers and another connected to the Systemline AV system that was in the house when we bought it.
I use the iPeng app on my phone to control everything or the logitech app on my Mac. All good

Very recently, however, I decided to trial Napster in my car for a month. It is better than Spotify insomuch as it doesn't need my iPhone to be connected; it uses the SIM in the car and it streams
everything whereas Spotify is limited to its playlists or your own. Do I plan to listen to all 30 million tracks in my car? Of course not but it's nice to have the choice.

Having installed Napster on Logitech Squeezebox, it accesses the tracks on an album but skips after 5 seconds or so.
When I checked the mysqueezebox.com I only have iOS devices installed and I've been unable to discover how to add my squeezebox receivers.
Trying to find a solution on the Napster site and was directed to a Logitech link which doesn't work so that got me thinking...oh dear GAS attack coming on.

I can either spend ages trying to get it to work (I've spent enough time already) or I can retire the Squeezebox and Spotify and get a couple of Connects...not cheap but maybe some BCers on here are
upgrading/divesting and have some lying around gathering dust.

Please chip in with your ten penn'orth

Edited by skb558