Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 2010 Gibson Les Paul Junior (Made in Nashville, USA)
£525

My beautiful bare-wood finish Gibson Les Paul Junior is up for sale to fund another guitar purchase. This one is made with a truly exquisite piece of mahogany and was built in Nashville, USA, in 2010. It is all original, as far as I know. I am not the first owner, so not cannot be certain; but I see no signs of it ever having been messed about with.

This genuine USA Gibson LPJ comes with a well-padded Gibson gig bag. It is set-up beautifully and has almost no fret wear at all. The electrics are all in good working order and that lovely P90 pick-up sounds as clear and edgy as you want.

It is amazing how many tones you can get out of this guitar, just by adjusting your right hand position and how you hit the strings. It could work well in so many different styles and genres. It is very light and comfortable to wear too, with a tummy tuck in the back.

The tone and volume pots are very responsive and allow the tone to clean and warm up nicely when rolled off.

I do not want to post this quality guitar, as it only has a gig bag, not a hard case. If you wish to arrange and pay for a courier at your own risk, that’s OK with me and I will pack it inside its gig bag, in plenty of bubble wrap and brown paper.

price dropped to £475 collected in Nottingham.

Sold for £450 in the end to a nice gent in Poland.

Edited by Bassnut62

As far as I know, LPJs of this period were either TV Yellow, Cherry or Sunburst. Insofar as the guitar having never being messed with, it's pretty obvious that it's been stripped at some point, evidenced by the remaining paint in the serial number stamp pressed in the back of the headstock. I'll wager this was originally TV Yellow.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1490707573' post='3267223']
As far as I know, LPJs of this period were either TV Yellow, Cherry or Sunburst. Insofar as the guitar having never being messed with, it's pretty obvious that it's been stripped at some point, evidenced by the remaining paint in the serial number stamp pressed in the back of the headstock. I'll wager this was originally TV Yellow.
[/quote]

Thanks Nancy, I didn't know that about the finishes in this period and that's a good point about what could well be paint residue in the serial number. All I can say is that if it has been stripped by a previous owner, it has been done extremely well and looks like it has always been a natural satin finish body. The finish is lovely and there are no signs of any residues anywhere else that I can see. It is a solid mahogany body and neck and they are both gorgeous bits of wood; with a nice tight and strong grain around the head and top of the neck. I think I read somewhere that this was the last year Gibson used solid mahogany throughout on these LPJs.

Edited by Bassnut62