Why become a member? ×

Cliff Burton Tribute Power Fuzz Wah

Big Uli

I'm a big fan of Cliffs sound and I wonder if anyone has experience with the Tribute pedal
Can the fuzz be used on its own without the pedal?
I was going to get a DIY Black Russian kit and eventually get the original pedal Cliff used.
I do like the fuzz effect on its own without the wah so not sure which route to take now

I only mess around at home annoying the neighbors :D

I've got one.

Bad things - the wah without the fuzz is sh*t on bass. Admittedly it was never designed as a bass pedal, but even so, it's pointless for just wah.

Good things - with the fuzz on the wah is excellent. Real grindy abrasive wah, like the man himself.

The fuzz on it's own falls into the "not bad at all" camp rather than the "brilliant" camp.

I'm pleased I've got it, but there's no doubt you'd have more options with a Weeping Demon and a Duality Fuzz used together. Or separate.

Well just had a look on eBay during Friday morning breaky down the cafe and picked up a weeping demon with its original box for what I consider a very good price.
Now I need to get the right fuzz box.
Gonna get one of Jeds Black Russian kits and socket the lot so changes can be made to suit.