Why become a member? ×

NAD - TC Electronics BG250 Combo

Machines

Just picked up a 2nd hand combo for under 200 quid from Crack Converters. Seemed a good deal and it is in good condition.

I sold my GenzBenz Contour 500 210 last year as it was taking up too much space and somewatt (sic) overpowered for home practice. Got tomorrow off work so going to give it a good workout, if it's a duffer I have a 24 hour return policy on it.

They have one of the 1x15 versions of these at my practice rooms. It's fantastic for the money, shifts a lot of air without getting too muddy and is impressive tonally (I find it to be fairly clear and balanced), so much so, it swayed me to get the K210 cab for my BH550 head. The mute switch, tuner and toneprint function (always Spectracomp!) Seal the deal. Under £200 is a good price, Congrats!

Edited by 40hz

Well it's definitely loud enough. I'm used to a more complex EQ but the 3 provided do seem to have the right centres. I find I generally need the treble at 7 to get anything sounding decent though.

My old GenzBenz was better, but this is smaller and lighter and I don't gig anymore so definitely a capable amp for home use and possible rehearsal/jam usage.